It wasn't pretty

neil b

Out this morning with a battle plan in mind, to climb out high onto the tops and push any rabbits down into the heather beds below, I drew the short straw,so off I went up and up and up again,image.thumb.jpg.e53d9c80e11ee94358fc03c560809515.jpg

this was taken half way up, on my way there were rabbits running all over this lime stone scree bed, they know there safe here,image.thumb.jpg.8d65629f4193c3bba6ecd06163ac1f79.jpg

after a lung busting, leg burning, trip I reached the top to be met by rabbits cascading down the fell side right into the deep heather beds below, so far so good. I slowly started to make my way down and soon had the both baskets of longnets ran out round the heather, Nell caught the first 2 before they had chance to reach the nets, another 4 followed making a quick half dozen, we moved round slightly in amongst the rocks,  a few more bolts Nell catching an odd one and afew digs, nothing too deep just stoney going down,image.thumb.jpg.892121db3a92dcfd05a1135dbb822749.jpg

twice I dug down to find a brace tucked up tight in stop ends, these kits are really coming on now, and I was more than impressed with the lurcher today on ground she stood very little chance of catching on she ended the day with 7, we finished up on 34, it wasn't pretty but we got a result.image.thumb.jpg.f02596a78c100dfe5098435d6561bbd0.jpg

til next time cheers, Neil b

• Like 13