Dumb down for kids?

57 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I remember being 13/14 and all my mates had seen terminators etc and I wasn't allowed.  I went away with my grandparents for a weekend and my mum told me she'd record terminator 2 for me on the weekend. I couldn't wait to get back. Watching the film when I got back I found out my mum had recorded all over the gory bits "metal sword hand through mouth etc" with random bits of EastEnders . Watching intently and ten Ricky butcher comes on talking about the queen Vic for 10 seconds then back to terminator :laugh:

Before my parents bought a VHS recorder. We rented one out with the videos! We were living abroad at the time & I remember my old man coming home with this big old machine & tapes of knightrider. It was the future!  :laugh:

Edited by Accip74

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ramblings and racism on thl surely not 

When channel 4 was first aired. Alternative comedy and those gay/lezzie/wogs getting top billing only cauae of colour not talent. Not being funny but we educated them on racism and then now they

My boys 7 and my favourite thing is peeking in his room and seing him playing with toys , giving them voices and storylines etc . Plenty of time for growing up when their older 

Posted Images

You lot sound like this lot. >>>> 

It's not just the kids. what about those sickening adverts for sun Life and the sun Life over 50s retirement/death pension. You know the ones, where you get a free biro to help you sign up like Parky gives you. The adults are being treated like mindless morons. Hang on a minute, isn't that about the general level of the population?

The women says >>>> "Are you off hiking"? No I was just perving the topless young slut sunbathing in the garden over the road. " Good old boy".

31 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Before my parents bought a VHS recorder. We rented one out with the videos! We were living abroad at the time & I remember my old man coming home with this big old machine & tapes of knightrider. It was the future!  :laugh:

Our first VHS (a top loader, no less !) had a remote control unit........connected via a long lead to the front of the recorder ! :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Our first VHS (a top loader, no less !) had a remote control unit........connected via a long lead to the front of the recorder ! :laugh:

Yep we had the top loader & cable remote for years! We didn't bother with the remote however, we actually got out of our chairs & travelled the 2.5 metres to operate it. Can you imagine the hardship??

Edited by Accip74
16 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Yep, we had that and our young dog chewed through it and I had to repair it a couple of times.

6 minutes ago, socks said:

Do any of you lads remember the redifusion TV sets with the white box on the windowsill ....

The brother in law and my sister had an old brown bakelite one. Radio on some settings and TV on 2or3 channels. BBC and ITV with an ITV channel from another area like London.

They even had shilling in the slot meter and some spare shillings in a Jamjar. The power used to go off quite often and right in the middle of some program. Then it was hunt the torch and a spare shilling. What a carry on.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Meece said:

The power used to go off quite often and right in the middle of some program.

We had the lecky and gas cut off several times for non payment of bills,candlepower was our illumination,and making toast on an open coal fire using a toasting fork made from a wire coat hanger,and coats on the bed to keep warm,and we didn't even consider them hard times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dad used to say time for bed an I used to race an switch to off

One night he grabbed hold my braces an said it,I shot off an was straining like a sled dog ,when he let go I nearly put my head through the screen 

unfortunatly for him mum seen him he had  hell of a bollocking,

grandparents had B&w portable in kitchen and a valve set in living room switch it on and sound would come through but picture took 5 minutes ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, socks said:

Do any of you lads remember the redifusion TV sets with the white box on the windowsill ....

My grandad had that to his dying day !

TV and radio on one unit.........years ahead of it's time, when you think about !

On Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 18:27, ginger beard said:

sorry i've been out for a few hours watching my son play in the somerset premier.they won 11-1.

off out again in a bit for a couple of pints.

you see in life not everybody is equal,there are winners and losers/wasters.

it's pretty clear what category some of you are in.

at least my views and opinions are consistant,if you can't contribute to the pot,f**k off.not a lot of yours are.

scothunter denied the murder of millions of jewish kids and adults,not a word from the right on snowflakes and mushroom gives advice like ''rape the slut'' and ''kick the dog''' again nothing.i could go on and on.

all i said was kids learn from the adults/role models and some of the bullshit on here i wouldn't let some own a stuffed sewer rat.

Where did i deny The murder?

I pointed out it Wasnt 6million. Which is A fact.

Yes Many were murdered i have never denied that.

Oh and dont drag me into  This! You claim to be consistent. Well you said you were leaving this why the f**k you back on here?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1