Dumb down for kids?

????

Maybe he's gay so what? He's seen more of the world than most squaddies, is certified to skipper (or something along those lines), and has a bloody great big, huge, handsome boyfriend.

Me? I just have a big penis, they call me tripod. 

And you! You will always have ginger baws! Remember that when you're eating your ramen ;)

I'm off to salsa ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ramblings and racism on thl surely not 

When channel 4 was first aired. Alternative comedy and those gay/lezzie/wogs getting top billing only cauae of colour not talent. Not being funny but we educated them on racism and then now they

My boys 7 and my favourite thing is peeking in his room and seing him playing with toys , giving them voices and storylines etc . Plenty of time for growing up when their older 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Education education education....wrong. Its the best educational establishments that have trained the minds of those that run the system, and look at it!

It's about information and that's why there's such a pc culture and war on alternative news, media etc etc. What did anyone actually learn at school in curriculum that prepares you for real life?! 

Slight change of direction but non the less connected ?

I agree with you about state education but what about the core education that comes from parenting? We reached a point in the recent past where the television has become a force that some deem a necessity. That's a lot of power if you don't have the ability to steer it.

• Like 2

Just been pointed out to me about the emigration rant you made Ginge.

I was head hunted by an investment firm because I'm good at my job! That's why I came here!

I live here because my daughter/mrs can walk safe, I can get a beer/good looking woman at 5am, I've learnt 3 languages, eat good food, have a brilliant work/life balance and get away with wanking in the city centre on a Sunday morning, if I speak Catalan ? (ok, I'm still arguing that one)...

Point is.....

I'll be up at 5:30am working.

You'll be up at 8 hating everyone! Especially if they've done better than you. That's a very sad place to be.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I agree with you about state education but what about the core education that comes from parenting? We reached a point in the recent past where the television has become a force that some deem a necessity. That's a lot of power if you don't have the ability to steer it.

Definitely it all begins at home for sure.

I would say that parenting in the past, pre television times, was not nearly as important as it is today. Primarily because society had a greater sense of right and wrong, morals, respect for authority, respect for parents and family life. This had a tremendous influence on the family and held together communities. 

So parenting back then, was easier, in that society was generally a more positive influence and helped in producing rounded individuals that then went on to value family life, hard work, morals etc.

And that's why the family is under attack today so aggressively because it was successful. Television has undone all of what made family life successful, ie spending time together, learning from your father and daughters from their mother's. Parents and children have now both been affected by it to such an extent that parents now look to television the media and internet etc for answers and children look to it for guidance. 

It is alot of power the television yeilds and it will continue to be used to break society down more and more until we literally can't even be bothered talking to each other! 

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

Remember the good old days ?

Missed an episode ? Tough ! (And you'll have to wait til next week for the next installment !)

How did we live through those dark times?

Just sitting down to watch Quantum Leap that you'd recorded from 2 nights previous, only to discover your mum had taped Coronation Street over it from 12 minutes in!!!   

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, mushroom said:

????

Maybe he's gay so what? He's seen more of the world than most squaddies, is certified to skipper (or something along those lines), and has a bloody great big, huge, handsome boyfriend.

Me? I just have a big penis, they call me tripod. 

And you! You will always have ginger baws! Remember that when you're eating your ramen ;)

I'm off to salsa ?

certified skipper..i bet he is.

oi,oi sailor

17 hours ago, mushroom said:

Just been pointed out to me about the emigration rant you made Ginge.

I was head hunted by an investment firm because I'm good at my job! That's why I came here!

I live here because my daughter/mrs can walk safe, I can get a beer/good looking woman at 5am, I've learnt 3 languages, eat good food, have a brilliant work/life balance and get away with wanking in the city centre on a Sunday morning, if I speak Catalan ? (ok, I'm still arguing that one)...

Point is.....

I'll be up at 5:30am working.

You'll be up at 8 hating everyone! Especially if they've done better than you. That's a very sad place to be.

it wasn't a rant just saying.

i've been head hunted twice (ok it's only slaughter house manangment) turned em both down.

i live in the somerset and i can do all that shit you mentioned except wank in a city centre.

i'm up at 5:45 and i stay til it's done.could be 1:00 pm or 6-7:00pm.

i can't say if you've done better than me because all you've listed is every day stuff.go for a beer,walk safe,eat good food.your at the very top of the tree.fucks sake.

not hating anybody,especially not on here.your mad.

I've got four kids and they watched all sorts of kids programmes when they were little and if it wasnpissing down shitty weather they would be plonked down infront of the to to watch a film ... that said my missus is very art and crafty so they were always making something or other and if the weather was good they would be off out playing but if they wanted to watch something on tv I wouldn't stop them ... did it harm them ??? 

My eldest daughter has a degree in English literature a degree in Japanese a dagree in Japanese studies is currently doing a masters in creative writing and has been teaching in Japan for 4 years. 

My middle daughter has a degree in history a degree in English and is currently just about to finish training as a teacher. 

My youngest daughter had 7A stars in her A levels but didn't want to go to uni ... she has just been head hunted for the third time in her career at sales and she is only 21.

my boy hated school like me and left with a few gcse's qualified s a builder and has a full time job practically running a family business ... owns two houses he rents and is doing up a third at the moment to rent out ....

i don't think the telly done them any harm to be honest .....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

Just sitting down to watch Quantum Leap that you'd recorded from 2 nights previous, only to discover your mum had taped Coronation Street over it from 12 minutes in!!!   

3 channels, no programmes after midnight, no breakfast telly.............and BBC had a couple of hours of test card each afternoon !

Our TV had a sophisticated remote control - it involved my dad elbowing me and saying "Put three on !".

They don't know they're born these days.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

I remember being 13/14 and all my mates had seen terminators etc and I wasn't allowed.  I went away with my grandparents for a weekend and my mum told me she'd record terminator 2 for me on the weekend. I couldn't wait to get back. Watching the film when I got back I found out my mum had recorded all over the gory bits "metal sword hand through mouth etc" with random bits of EastEnders . Watching intently and ten Ricky butcher comes on talking about the queen Vic for 10 seconds then back to terminator :laugh:

• Haha 1