My new gang

5 minutes ago, cold pint said:

Brilliant pics looks like a very content pair of young hunters, dogs and ferrets look great 

Thanks mate...

the little black dog nearly died earlier this year from eating mould out of the compost, she's had trouble with her skin since.. but she's fit enough and still going well at 8... the big dog is going well now, pleased with her.. retrieve is shit but she don't miss much day or night

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Fantastic! Praying I can do stuff like this with my kids in the future!

ps I reckon your fin will be a ladies man  :thumbs:

I'm sure you will mate... anything to keep em off the console!! Lol

yeah reckon he'll do ok.. lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Thanks mate...

the little black dog nearly died earlier this year from eating mould out of the compost, she's had trouble with her skin since.. but she's fit enough and still going well at 8... the big dog is going well now, pleased with her.. retrieve is shit but she don't miss much day or night

Glad she has come right for you mate. The brindle is a powerful looking animal that's for sure

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cold pint said:

Glad she has come right for you mate. The brindle is a powerful looking animal that's for sure

The switch has flicked with her now, she turned 2 and is a different animal, very quick and powerful... was all over it today, and concentrated really well (which pleased me a lot showed she is maturing)... she didn't miss much today, our first proper ferreting session this year.. as a member on here told me, she won't make a ferreting bitch... maybe not, but she's a bloody fun dog to have about lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Cracking stuff been looking at these posts for years as my kids are roughly same age, that’s what they need mate, an I bet ye can see difference between your kids an kids there age, mine are streets ahead due to the life we let em live, keep em at it

my lad was out Lamping last night an out bushing this morning an we just back from ratting for couple hours, deffo beats tele

8BFD67AF-9DF0-4D3C-915C-8600454FA0B7.jpeg

Great stuff mate,

yeah I knew the kids were similar ages, I love being out with them, either fishing or hunting.. can only do them good imo ...

dont half miss my terrier, love a days ratting... I'll be getting a terrier pup in after Christmas... ain't the same without one

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s his pup mate I do nowt for it an hardly see it haha good member off here gave him it after he fell in love with ratting, an it’s like his shadow even at school times it just hibernates till he gets home an if we try an take it out it walks about like it’s depressed haha as you can see by his face he was wounded we had come home?

Fin loves ratting, he'd rather do that than anything... well he's started to enjoy the air rifle now, I'm trying to convince him they are for poofs only but he hasn't seen sense yet lol..

looks a cracking little terrier that one mate, they are so loyal it's unreal, one master only.. great your lads got that bond already 

• Like 1

Brilliant posts lads .. it's great to see the youngsters out and about learning the trade and enjoying themselves in the countryside ... well done on recruiting a youngster kev ... you can never have to many little people to bet up the horrible thick hedgerows lol ......

• Like 1
10 hours ago, socks said:

Brilliant posts lads .. it's great to see the youngsters out and about learning the trade and enjoying themselves in the countryside ... well done on recruiting a youngster kev ... you can never have to many little people to bet up the horrible thick hedgerows lol ......

Cheers Ken...

i had em grafting yesterday, but still seemed to find myself in the thick stuff... I must enjoy self harming lol

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Cheers Ken...

i had em grafting yesterday, but still seemed to find myself in the thick stuff... I must enjoy self harming lol

No no you must let them do it all its character building and their young skin will heal quicker from the blackthorn lol ... also it's imperative that they gut ALL the rabbits .......

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Accip74 said:

Fantastic! Praying I can do stuff like this with my kids in the future!

ps I reckon your fin will be a ladies man  :thumbs:

Think theres already an arranged marraige set up with a certain Welsh maid :whistling:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1