1 hour ago, walshie said:

Also don't forget ducks have a season. Apart from the fact that shooting them when they aren't flying isn't very sporting. 

I am with you on this one walshie and I don't want to open a whole can of worms regarding legal an non legal stuff but why is a rabbit or crow static, classed as sporting but not a duck or a pheasant at sensible close range with a head shot. Like i said I am with you on this but we all seem to think the same about duck and I don't really see the difference when it comes down to the sporting ethics of it?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

I am with you on this one walshie and I don't want to open a whole can of worms regarding legal an non legal stuff but why is a rabbit or crow static, classed as sporting but not a duck or a pheasant at sensible close range with a head shot. Like i said I am with you on this but we all seem to think the same about duck and I don't really see the difference when it comes down to the sporting ethics of it?

I agree. It's just always been that game birds are taken on the wing. Hence the phrase "sitting duck" I suppose. 

2 hours ago, raptar said:

Thx dude,

yeah not looking to up the power to FAC as I want to keep my rifle, but would like to get it as close as posable hopefully without stripping it all down.

Is it just my posts that have to be approved by a mod ??

fIND A DIFFERENT PELLET , THE ONES YOU ARE USING ARE NOT THAT GOOD .

tRY SOMETHING LIKE AA FIELDS 16 gr  , H&N FTT  15gr  OR fALCON ACCURACY PLUS 13.4 gr  ,i WOULD IMAGINE AA FIELDS WOULD TAKE IT UP TOO HIGH 11's 

• Like 4

If you've got permission to legally take them and, you've practiced to ensure the best chance of a clean kill, a head shot from an air rifle will kill duck and geese.

If you know what you're doing and you're going to use the meat, why not hunt them?

73342-004-9BBAADA2.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with Mitch, change your pellets.

In .22 the Falcon accuracy Plus shoot well in most guns or AA Fields / JSB Exacts

We all buy loads of pellet makes / types and test them at the ranges we shoot as this is the ONLY way to see which pellet produces the best grouping on paper. Once you find which is the best pellet for your gun, stick with them. If your pal uses another pellet that doesn't mean it will give the best performance in your gun so always test for your own gun. 

Rest your gun on a bean bag or bipod and either shoot from a stable bench or prone on the ground in order to ensure the gun / pellet does it's job without movement from you, this will help give consistent results.

Phil

• Like 3
5 hours ago, raptar said:

Thx dude,

yeah not looking to up the power to FAC as I want to keep my rifle, but would like to get it as close as posable hopefully without stripping it all down.

Is it just my posts that have to be approved by a mod ??

1,,getting close to 12 is not all ways good for your rifle IE,,more power dose not all ways mean better accuracy

and remember the police will use a pellet that will put your rifle over if they ever come down on you

like wise with some other pellets if you do change the ones you use .

2,,,All new members have to have there posts approved by a moderator

not just you bub

if your rifle is running around 11+most would be happy with that its not a low number just right if you ask me

3,,,Dont take any notice of what i say i dont know how to tune a rifle :D

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

31 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

1,,getting close to 12 is not all ways good for your rifle IE,,more power dose not all ways mean better accuracy

and remember the police will use a pellet that will put your rifle over if they ever come down on you

like wise with some other pellets if you do change the ones you use .

2,,,All new members have to have there posts approved by a moderator

not just you bub

if your rifle is running around 11+most would be happy with that its not a low number just right if you ask me

3,,,Dont take any notice of what i say i dont know how to tune a rifle :D

Q1, Can you please explain number 1.

Q2, Do I use copper or lead pellets as I do nearly all my shooting near rivers.

Q3, What are better heaver or lighter pellets.

Thank you for your time and expertize chief shit stirrer. :)

39 minutes ago, raptar said:

Q1, Can you please explain number 1.

Q2, Do I use copper or lead pellets as I do nearly all my shooting near rivers.

Q3, What are better heaver or lighter pellets.

Thank you for your time and expertize chief shit stirrer. :)

Q1  Accuracy is more important than more power 

Q2 Lead or lead free but lead free aren't that good

Q3 Depends on your barrel  .Lighter pellets will fly faster and flatter than heavies but heavies 9 times out of ten will give you a bit more power , may be .4 FT/LBS more but like i said earlier ,accuracy is more important with the right pellet for your barrel . pellet testing is a must   

• Like 2
8 hours ago, raptar said:

ah ok, thx anyway.

I am shooting rabbit, duck and pigeon but hoping to bag a goose with my mate, I can shoot ok at about 30-40 yards but he say's I need to be able to shoot a 5p at 60-70yards.

but I was thought that 50-55 yards was the max for an air rifle.

I have not fired at anything over 40 yards.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

We all have to start somewhere, but I suggest you read up on the BASC Air Rifle Guide and the General Licences and various "Seasons".

And I would stay away from tuning your rifle at this time. 

:thumbs:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Q1  Accuracy is more important than more power 

Q2 Lead or lead free but lead free aren't that good

Q3 Depends on your barrel  .Lighter pellets will fly faster and flatter than heavies but heavies 9 times out of ten will give you a bit more power , may be .4 FT/LBS more but like i said earlier ,accuracy is more important with the right pellet for your barrel . pellet testing is a must   

Could not have put it better my self Mitch;)

raptor ,,,some times a rifle sitting at ,,,lets say 10,30 is more accurate than a rifle sitting at 11,30

at the end of the day you want the pellet to go where your aiming so its lights out in an instant

get some pellet testing packs and see what your rifle likes

stick a target up at your zero and start hitting the paper and see what gives you the best groups

then see if a 5p will cover them groups if it dose your set to go with the pellets that gave them groups

• Like 3