Gotta admire these dogs

Best fuucking quote ever

"In 2014 the Taliban boasted they had captured a British special forces dogwhich became separated from his handler during an operation in eastern Afghanistan. They released footage of the dog and said they were feeding him on kebabs, but his eventual fate remains unknown"

????

• Haha 1

Quote. "The Dickin Medal was instituted by the PDSA’s founder, Maria Dickin, in 1943. It is the highest award any animal in the world can achieve while serving in military conflict. Previous recipients include 32 pigeons, 31 dogs, 4 horses and 1 cat".

>>> A CAT!!!!! That can't be right. They must be mistaken. 

Mountain rescue cat.  >>> naah

Guide cat for the blind. >>> Naah

sniffer cat. >>> Naah.

Vermin cat. >>> Possibly.

Why did they assault the building putting soldiers lives and the life of the valuable animal at risk? Why didn't they call in a precision air strike and flatten the building. Or in the words of Kenny Everett. "Round them up in a field and bomb the buggers".

yeh , one tough dog that, it according to the report ,lost a tooth, and damaged it one ear, hell of a brave dog.  it ot all that many dogs that can (pass)  the tests to be in that job, i know the fella  who used  pick the pups / train the dogs  for the  Raf and  advice  for  pups to be be  police dogs, and he told me the amount that  dont make it. So that dog was real good dog to begin with, never mind  all the bravery it as shown in in its 8 years . i  took Buck down to see him last year,  he a gsd man so i knew he like Buck as he 1/2 gsd  1/2 grey, he really liked Buck he said the balance of the 2 breeds came out just right, and said he looks very powerful  / agile type dog.i told him he very soft with people / dogs but good at his job hunting, he said that  spot on then, he knows when to switch it on and not to , which he does really . he be no good as a army dog he to daft  lol. he told me the Bel Mals  have more drive in them than the gsd, and most are healthy, and there trying to breed bigger mals by using big dogs as alot are smaller than gsd, but there getting fair few big dogs in there litter now . he top bloke to talk to, loves dogs to do a job  as well as be pets .

Our lasses dad used to train akitas for the police apparently, I only met him a couple of times before he died and cancer etc had taken its toll and couldn't really have a conversation, but I'd Have loved to hear all about it, he was a big military man to, British army boxing champ at some point to apparently.  I think we'd have got on well lol gotta love any dog doing it's job, whatever that may be