Obviously staged, but one of my fears as a parent of young kids is that they turn into one of these gaming fcukwits. I can't stand that fcuking garbage.....

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Obviously staged, but one my fears as a parent of young kids is that they turn into one these gaming fcukwits. I can't stand that fcuking garbage.....

Can't stop them from them completely , their part of growing up these days.  So long as you keep tabs on them you'll be alright . My kids got kindle tablets last Christmas and my boy loved it loads . He only got to play it for a few hours on the weekend and maybe a hour in the week . He's misplaced the tablet a month ago in the house somewhere and he's not that bothered about not being on it.  

48 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Can't stop them from them completely , their part of growing up these days.  So long as you keep tabs on them you'll be alright . My kids got kindle tablets last Christmas and my boy loved it loads . He only got to play it for a few hours on the weekend and maybe a hour in the week . He's misplaced the tablet a month ago in the house somewhere and he's not that bothered about not being on it.  

They were part of growing up when I was a kid mate. We were the first generation to start. I thought they were mind numbing garbage at the age of 14 just like I do now. The amount of grown men I've worked with talking about all night sessions on Call of Duty etc etc is fcuking unreal.

I'm fcuking dreading it, that & social media. What a shit scene it is for kids now. iPads & iPhone at 5 years old? It's fcuking horrible  :laugh:

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

They were part of growing up when I was a kid mate. We were the first generation to start. I thought they were mind numbing garbage at the age of 14 just like I do now. The amount grown men I've worked with talking about all night sessions on Call of Duty etc etc is fcuking unreal.

I'm fcuking dreading it, that & social media. What a shit scene it is for kids now. iPads & iPhone at 5 years old? It's fcuking horrible  :laugh:

Listen, I'm the resident weary Willie on here, don't you dare usurp my position.:p

My grandkids are gamers. It's their life. Parents don't  seem to mind. They say all kids are the same. No need for great moral panic. I keep out of it.

As far as parenting, how does the poem go?

"They f**k you your mum and dad

They may not mean to but they do

They give you all the faults they had

And add some more just for you"

Edited by jukel123
13 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Listen, I'm the resident weary Willie on here, don't you dare usurp my position.:p

My grandkids are gamers. It's their life. Parents don't  seem to mind. They say all kids are the same. No need for great moral panic. I keep out of it.

As far as parenting, how does the poem go?

"They f**k you your mum and dad

They may not mean to but they do

They give you all the faults they had

And add some more just for you"

Yeah I know I'm already fighting a losing battle that hasn't already begun yet?  :laugh:  I guess I'm just hoping they we will be as belligerent as I was about gaming & all that shite & just be happy strumming a guitar.....:cray:  :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm full on strict with this shit.

My 15 year old has just had her iPhone given back to her after two weeks, for back chatting. She's also just been allowed back on the tinterweb (apart from school work) I dont mess around, never have, never will!

Will say talking to them about the dangers in a very real non sugar-coated way is a great piece of advice.

As for gaming.... I'd never buy a console for my kids. I'd end up launching it out of the window ?

• Like 1

Getting kids off video games is easy.......just don’t f***ing buy a console in the first place!

That was my solution.......my kids don’t play them.......because they don’t have one ! Lol 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Getting kids off video games is easy.......just don’t f***ing buy a console in the first place!

That was my solution.......my kids don’t play them.......because they don’t have one ! Lol 

I completely agree. I know there are probably a lot of completely safe games out there that won't effect my kids negatively but the flip side of the coin is that I've taught a six year old girl who uses the f word because she's allowed to play Grand Theft Auto.

Last week my son asked if he could have "one of those things that you can play games on which all the other kids in my class have got?" I pointed out that, while he could argue he was missing out in that department, he could also say he's the only kid in his class with his own knife and catapult.

• Like 2

Never bought my kids a play station,not because I am a bad parent,they could have had anything they wanted as they were growing up,but play station?Nope.Real life is hard and getting harder as each generation comes onto the scene,far better they had educational toys or books.

• Like 1