HW77 tune up

I'm thinking of tuning up my HW77. It's one from the mid 80's and shoots well, but I feel it's lacking power at the minute. I'm in Northern Ireland, so the rifle is already on FAC.  I'm just wonder does HW77 suit being run at around the same level as the HW80? 

• Like 1

Possible not mate. Not saying it can't be of course. The Eighty has, and had a big 'ol compression cylinder and so runs nice at 20 FPE. Especialliy the vintage mark 1's. 

In a way, your in the best of places, you can just bang in a decent kit, new spring perhaps, and adjust to find that sweet spot between power and nudge. I bet you could get that running nice at 14-16 without detriment to the shot cycle. 

V-Mach all the way. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Triple2 said:

Cheers mate.......... didn't realise the HW80 ran that high. If I had my 77 in that 14 - 16 bracket I'd be happy enough.

In all honesty, 20 maybe on the high side. I know of and have shot a 18 pounder, and the owner of which I speak to regularly in the boozer says it still does kick somewhat, it's nearly 20 years old. However, it's wasn't that bad, if you've shot a 25 foot pound Eliminator, it was nothing compared to them rammers. 

If I had my ticket, a heavy duty life taking FAC HW80 would be on my f'kin list. Nuff said. 

• Like 1