Need A New Lamp

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

Can you get a really tight spot with the variable tracer? I've always stuck with the clulite blazerlite because it's compact and reliable, but am having trouble getting mine to use eyes not nose on the lamp. Thought a really focused spot might help her to learn.

You turn the reflector housing to adjust beam size. When it’s as tight as it can go it’s a pencil beam, a bit tight for me tbh. Mine is one full turn the other way, beam is wider and combined with the dimmer down low as feck is a good beam to scan about with tbh

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeyMJL said:

You turn the reflector housing to adjust beam size. When it’s as tight as it can go it’s a pencil beam, a bit tight for me tbh. Mine is one full turn the other way, beam is wider and combined with the dimmer down low as feck is a good beam to scan about with tbh

Cheers, might give the tracer a go. Seeing the dog miss bunnies she could easily catch because her nose is on the ground is annoying. A mate has a mostly whip / grey that started off a nightmare on the lamp first season, yapping and a rather hard mouth, she seems to have grown out of it this year and catching well.

6 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Cheers, might give the tracer a go. Seeing the dog miss bunnies she could easily catch because her nose is on the ground is annoying. A mate has a mostly whip / grey that started off a nightmare on the lamp first season, yapping and a rather hard mouth, she seems to have grown out of it this year and catching well.

Honestly I’m very impressed with the tracer 170 variable. Was out for 3 hours last night and the 10ah battery is still showing 100%. What cross have you got?

glad to hear that yapping can be overcome, I’ve got 1500-2000 acres of permission so hopefully with plenty of trips out the penny might drop

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

Mine's a 26" saluki type. She's the best I've ever had at finding daytime rabbits and birds in cover. Probably not what the breeder had in mind for that cross and doesn't catch that much, but all good fun :D

Bit bigger than mine then! I’ve had lamp in one hand, dog under the other arm so he sees what I see. So far it’s taught him to watch the beam. He is 19” and 25lbs