Need A New Lamp

Hiya lads. I haven’t been getting on well with my plr 500. I find the beam whitewashes everything the same colour. I’m colour blind and need all the help I can get! 

Anyways, had my eye on a tracer variable. Can’t decide between the 140 vs 170. Has anybody got experiences with both of these lamps as a comparison?

Cheers

29 minutes ago, king said:

What do you think of the 170 mikey 

It’s a beast! Had a bit of a tinker with the settings. Got the beam spread the size I want and I was shining it with the dimmer just barely on and could pick eyes out nicely. All in all, very impressed!

• Like 1

Spot on Mikey.its surprising how long the battery will last you using the dimmer.i slip the dog with the dimmer turned right down and only turn it up as he's nearly there.as long as the ground ain't to rough.im off out for a shine in a bit.decent breeze here now.

5 hours ago, king said:

How long has he started opening up.

Since his second outing. All his slips have been within 20m of the quarry. As soon as he’s upon them and they twist and turn, he starts yapping. I stopped lamping for a month, beasted his fitness with uphill sprints and fed him a racing greyhound style diet. He looks spot on, put some muscle on. Thought it would help him running, he’s very fast when he’s silent but wastes so much energy yapping. I’m gutted mate, my 1st lurcher and I don’t know what to do