Clothes

1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

There's an English lad here I've been out on the piss with. He cuts hair for Tony & Guy......he's got a Louis Vuitton hold all with that logo all over it. He weren't too impressed with my opinion!  :laugh:

My mates a skin head with an interesting face,he had his Louis travel bag,Prada coat,nice Riley,his clothing didn't fit his physical appearance :laugh:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some gear off Wilf cause image is everything

Got my nephew's daughter these.Nike airs and Tim's ?    

Strange question but if I must, it has allowed me to live mortgage free, for the last seven years and work two or three days a week instead of seven as I used to, I own everything that's mine and have

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, mackem said:

More like easy-jet :laugh:

I flew with my mate to Europe last week,he didn't have a bag for his hand luggage so instead of getting one from tk Maxx's he got a Louis Vuitton travel bag from Louis in new bond street which looked the part but was way overpriced.

ha your still up as you are this side of the pond

4 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I think the biggest problem with suits is the fit & look, not always the cost. I'm not a suit kind of guy, so I dare say you'd know more than me, but even quality expensive suits can look shite.

Some people can get away with wearing almost anything & at the risk of sounding a massive cock, even more than usual I hasten to add, I am one of those people & your Gucci's would more than likely look better on me!  :laugh:

In all seriousness though my best mate has been spending serious money for years on tailor made to measure suits & they just never look that great....:laugh: It's just the way he is. When I got married I walked into a shop two days before & I grabbed a £90 suit that just happened to fit perfectly & was cut well & I looked the bollocks. I looked like I'd spent some decent money!  :laugh: True story that........

I’ll tell you something, the old shoes don’t see the light of day much cleaning up pig shit in Ireland in the pissing of rain :laugh:

And I’ll go one better on the suit as well, the one I got married in cost f**k all as I found it hanging up when I was clearing a place out in Saville row.

the old woman did her nut saying “you are not wearing a suit you found in a job on our wedding day!!”

”f**k all wrong with that, it will do me lovely”.....didn’t fit me then, don’t fit me now ! :laugh:

• Like 3

My favourite jacket I've had the best part of ten years and still looks good is my Barbour endurance it's not the wax type I've never been cold or wet in it.

I also own a Belstaff Trialmaster jacket in antique gold colour because I thought Charly Boorman looked cool in it in long way down I wear it occasionally when I go out on my Motorcycle but if I was honest I don't really like it.

Boots I have a pair of Barbours and a pair of Ben Sherman's but my favourites are a pair of wranglers I bought years ago. 

The thought of spending £180 on a pair of Levi's would break my heart , I still have an original Levi jacket it must be over 30 years old but I was slimmer then so it just sits in the wardrobe, practicality is my thing not fashion. 

Clearly no airgunners have seen this thread as no one has said Realtree yet! Or Kryptek if you're really in touch with what the camo of the moment is. :whistling::D

On that note though, Realtree has a entire line of casual clothing in the US. It's mainstream fashion over there. Unlike here where you're just a plonka. LOL

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Clearly no airgunners have seen this thread as no one has said Realtree yet! Or Kryptek if you're really in touch with what the camo of the moment is. :whistling::D

On that note though, Realtree has a entire line of casual clothing in the US. It's mainstream fashion over there. Unlike here where you're just a plonka. LOL

I've always found it fascinating how certain nationalities can be identified through their sense of style & typical clothes. The Italians with their puffa jackets & shades, the polish with their hideous jeans, brit lads bowling about like mini Liam Gallahgers :laugh:  Yanks are normally easily picked out as well......

I have to say though with absolute bias that the british music scene/working class sense of style is cooler than most.......:yes:

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 4

Nice thread. 

I'm too fat for the old collection of Stone Island, Boss and Fila originals Borg stuff. I am nowadays more of a Barbour, Joules , Thyritt shirts and blazers type of bloke . Classic polos, classic smedley knitwear and brogues is me. I do like Goodwin Smith shoes though, even better as I have a contact for them. Nearly 46 and now accepted that classical looks are better for me. I do have a burberry holdall the ex wife spent £800 on, on my card. I took it out of protest when I left and she trashed a £1000 malt whiskey collection !!! It's chav as feck with the check all over it but it has stood up to some hammer. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Northern Rock said:

Nice thread. 

I'm too fat for the old collection of Stone Island, Boss and Fila originals Borg stuff. I am nowadays more of a Barbour, Joules , Thyritt shirts and blazers type of bloke . Classic polos, classic smedley knitwear and brogues is me. I do like Goodwin Smith shoes though, even better as I have a contact for them. Nearly 46 and now accepted that classical looks are better for me. I do have a burberry holdall the ex wife spent £800 on, on my card. I took it out of protest when I left and she trashed a £1000 malt whiskey collection !!! It's chav as feck with the check all over it but it has stood up to some hammer. 

You have to keep moving your style with age. There's nothing worse than seeing 50+ year olds dressed like their teenage kids!  :laugh:

I do like a pair of brogues.......

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

You have to keep moving your style with age. There's nothing worse than seeing 50+ year olds dressed like their teenage kids!  :laugh:

I do like a pair of brogues.......

Exactly mate. I'm no youngster anymore ..

I have 12 pairs of brogues, the mrs goes nuts as I have more shoes than her.. about 40 pairs without trainers. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I've always found it fascinating how certain nationalities can be identified through their sense of style & typical clothes. The Italians with their puffa jackets & shades, the polish with their hideous jeans, brit lads bowling about like mini Liam Gallahgers :laugh:  Yanks are normally easily picked out as well......

I have to say though with absolute bias that the british music scene/working class sense of style is cooler than most.......:yes:

I can't really say I've put much thought into it honestly. Some of the fashion I see about the UK makes me feel like an alien! Like loffas (sp?), skinny jeans, even f***ing jewelry. I just can't!

My fashion is a smart pair of weathered nubuck boots (or Vans slip ons), stonewashed jeans and a fitted V-neck plain coloured T-shirt. LOL. What nationality is that?

Tell ya what though, back when everyone wore a suit and fedora hat - would that be 1920s-70s? - that was a classy time. Now it's all ill fitting baseball caps and skinny jeans. LOL

Skinny jeans what the f**k are they about lol

Ok flares are hideous . I like straight cut jeans, but those jeans kids wear today,  well do they paint them on lol

Then there the diamond earing guys wear. My boss 40+ has one.

Also rings on you're thumbs! I could go on all day.

But i suppose im getting old. I know in my generation of doc martins and bleached jeans, Harrington jackets the older ones back then must have thought we looked a state. Lol

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I can't really say I've put much thought into it honestly. Some of the fashion I see about the UK makes me feel like an alien! Like loffas (sp?), skinny jeans, even f***ing jewelry. I just can't!

My fashion is a smart pair of weathered nubuck boots (or Vans slip ons), stonewashed jeans and a fitted V-neck plain coloured T-shirt. LOL. What nationality is that?

Tell ya what though, back when everyone wore a suit and fedora hat - would that be 1920s-70s? - that was a classy time. Now it's all ill fitting baseball caps and skinny jeans. LOL

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not saying I have a gift for spotting where you're from by your jeans :laugh:, but there does seem to be some style cliche's within nationalities......

You also have remember that I've idled my time away thinking of such trivia while you were becoming a scientist, so I'll let this go.........:laugh:

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Whilst browsing this thread, I diverted to some other sites about skinheads (the original ones) around 1969-72. Brought back some good memories. IMO the clothing of that era was the best of any. I still remember when I was a messenger up town and saved for my first pair of brogues from The Squire Shop in Brewer Street, Soho. All my clobber was bought individually (monetary constraints LOL) and never did get to own a tonic suit, just the trousers. Nowadays being older, fatter and balder I'm not so fussy with my clothes. I still enjoy listening to the music from the day, trojan record label etc.

• Like 2