Clothes

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some gear off Wilf cause image is everything

Got my nephew's daughter these.Nike airs and Tim's ?    

Strange question but if I must, it has allowed me to live mortgage free, for the last seven years and work two or three days a week instead of seven as I used to, I own everything that's mine and have

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I've had them 2 years and only wore them 4 or 5 times because I'm scared to ruin tbh. Bit stupid but the wife got them for my xmas. Be no more like that for a while now we've got our wee boy so happier spending  all our money on him.

I wouldn't worry about that for now. The first three Christmases they haven't got a fcuking clue what's going on. So I'd crack on with the Gucci's if I was you.......:thumbs:

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

He's only 5 months when xmas comes this year so we are trying not to go over the top. there isn't loads you can get at that age anyway but can't help picking stuff up. He's starting his own little collection but goto admit I k ow it's a waste of money. 

20171116_210218.jpg

Obviously you're thrilled, like you should be, but believe me, unless it's practical, most things are a waste of money until 3-4 years.....then the real fun starts :victory: 

1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

Turned into an interesting thread this, rather than just my ramblings. I like clothes a lot & it's interesting to hear some people likes & attitudes towards them.

My weakness has always been Jackets/Coats. I could buy them weekly if I had the money, though I still manage to buy one or two a year without fail & my wife still thinks that's a bit much. 

Im not a lover of labels for names sake. I can happily wear vintage or high end gear, but often find labels & logos tacky. I don't want to look like an off-duty estate agent when I'm out & about. If I bought Stone Island that little badge on the arm would have to go. I have actually used a dress maker before to remove a large logo. The jacket was as well made as you could get, but the large logo tacky as fcuk, I've still got the jacket, it will last forever, but you wouldn't know the well known brand.

Women with Louis Vuitton is another pet hate. Yeah your bag cost a grand, but that fcuking stupid Louis Vuitton logo all over it looks fcuking tacky as fcuk & they just don't get it do they? :laugh::laugh:

but women wearing Christian Louboutin high heels is a love of mine 

10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I can't get used to a man saying "gucci", I just can't! I just think heels and handbags! :laugh: I'm not very in touch with fashion though.

I'm with you on Gucci. It grates. Much like Armani, Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein etc etc The more I've looked into quality, the more names like that become meaningless badges. This came to a head when a mate of mine turned up at my house with a little jacket that cost over a thousand quid. Even the best outdoor stuff made to match any weather doesn't cost that much & It weren't even that great!  :laugh: I wouldn't of worn it........

• Like 2
Just now, tandors said:

My wardrobe is pretty much fjallraven and  barbour, I like engineered garments and norse projects too along with Marks and Spencer cords and Clark's desert boots.

Fjallraven failed on me after a few months. All out sourced now mate :thumbs:  Got all my money back. They look & feel great, but zips & buttons going after normal use is terrible. I've got jackets that cost less than than half that price with zippers & buttons still fine after over 15 years....

• Like 1

Yeah it's not amazing gear although to be fair I've got 2 jackets I've had a couple of years and they have been spot on, I've got an old pair of shorts made in Europe that are still decent and a newer pair  that are starting to fall apart which says it all really. 

5 minutes ago, tandors said:

Yeah it's not amazing gear although to be fair I've got 2 jackets I've had a couple of years and they have been spot on, I've got an old pair of shorts made in Europe that are still decent and a newer pair  that are starting to fall apart which says it all really. 

I read up about it & the old stuff was suppose to be really great. Still sought after apparently. There was a jacket I really wanted, but after my experience with a mid-priced product I thought better of it. Which is a shame, because they do a great looking range of outdoor jackets. I suppose it's luck as well, but if you're paying €500 plus, you don't want to be relying on luck!

Edited by Accip74

Im stuck in a bit of a timewarp clobber wise. 70's 80's classic stuff. Rare I get a chance to have a shop-up, but when im over in England & get part of a day to myself.. Like what I like and seems expensive when you compare to everyday prices, but I wear gear ive had for 10 - 15 years +, well washed out but kinda improves the look/feel. Last time was August  in a massive shooping place in Sheffield. Lot of stuff not even worn yet. One place I always seem to luck in on something I wouldnt normally go for is TKMaxxx bit of a jumble & you need a bit of time but some good quality finds to be had. 

Got myself a big black Carhart winter coat, took me ages to get used to wearing it and had to wash it a fair bit for it feel right, we've become good friends lately, nearly unpicked the label as I like subtlely but ive gotten used to it. Stuff I buy over here is nearly always mail order from U.K. disadvantage is getting the size right Carhart I reckon could of gotten away with just an L and im 46" in the chest.

Got one of my sons first converse hanging from the mirror in the car, bleached white by the sun.