Clothes

I've bored the fcuk out of my mrs with this subject, so now it's your turn....:victory:

How hard is it to buy quality these days? Unless you spend an arm & a leg.......& then it's not guaranteed. It has to be about outsourcing & greedy manufacturers, but fcuk me a pair of levis used to last several years, now I'm lucky if I get a year of regular use out of a pair of levis, while price goes up. I've tried other supposedly quality brands & the same. Fcuk knows how many pairs I've gone through in the last 5 years??

I've always tried to spend decent money on cloths & in the past it has to paid off, buts it's getting harder by the year. In recent years I've spent good money on what I thought was quality, jackets, jeans & shoes only for them to fail in no time. A €350 jacket. Popper button fell off day one. Jeans lasting less than a year. Boots fcuked in 18 months. Buttons coming off all sorts etc etc & this is just normal use, not out in the field!

I got all excited about a swedish outdoor brand here. Bought a fleece type jacket that was a really good dry day jacket. Using it for digging & walking the dog etc & zipper fcuked in months, I've got coats I've had nearly twenty years & the zippers are still working! I looked into it & fcuk all is made in Sweden anymore, all outsourced, price has gone up & quality gone down. People buying 800 quid jackets & buttons are falling off as you get them out of the bag! :laugh:

The best things I've bought in the last year or so have been expensive, but I know they are not outsourced, just top quality gear that will last years. It's a fcuking minefield buying cloths now. Anyone else finding that?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought some gear off Wilf cause image is everything

Got my nephew's daughter these.Nike airs and Tim's ?    

Strange question but if I must, it has allowed me to live mortgage free, for the last seven years and work two or three days a week instead of seven as I used to, I own everything that's mine and have

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I've bored the fcuk out of my mrs with this subject, so now it's your turn....:victory:

How hard is it to buy quality these days? Unless you spend an arm & a leg.......& then it's not guaranteed. It has to be about outsourcing & greedy manufacturers, but fcuk me a pair of levis used to last several years, now I'm lucky if I get a year of regular use out of a pair of levis, while price goes up. I've tried other supposedly quality brands & the same. Fcuk knows how many pairs I've gone through in the last 5 years??

I've always tried to spend decent money on cloths & in the past it has to paid off, buts it's getting harder by the year. In recent years I've spent good money on what I thought was quality, jackets, jeans & shoes only for them to fail in no time. A €350 jacket. Popper button fell off day one. Jeans lasting less than a year. Boots fcuked in 18 months. Buttons coming off all sorts etc etc & this is just normal use, not out in the field!

I got all excited about a swedish outdoor brand here. Bought a fleece type jacket that was a really good dry day jacket. Using it for digging & walking the dog etc & zipper fcuked in months, I've got coats I've had nearly twenty years & the zippers are still working! I looked into it & fcuk all is made in Sweden anymore, all outsourced, price has gone up & quality gone down. People buying 800 quid jackets & buttons are falling off as you get them out of the bag! :laugh:

The best things I've bought in the last year or so have been expensive, but I know they are not outsourced, just top quality gear that will last years. It's a fcuking minefield buying cloths now. Anyone else finding that?

I have got clobber here I have had 10 + years still going strong.... I cant remember the last time I brought clothes to be honest & I tend to pay what I can afford at the time , never brought branded stuff unless it was a few quid 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kay said:

I have got clobber here I have had 10 + years still going strong.... I cant remember the last time I brought clothes to be honest & I tend to pay what I can afford at the time , never brought branded stuff unless it was a few quid 

Don't get me wrong I'm not some label freak, I've also got stuff I've had for well over 10 years & it's lasted, but I'm struggling these days........maybe I've just been unlucky?

Diesel larkee jeans only jeans I buy there the only ones that last but even they eventually circum to the rigours my huge ball bag puts on them .... got a pair of dewalt work trousers a week ago the button has alread popped ffs! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The standard of clothing has definitely gone down. It's all far east sweatshop rubbish. Even in the posh shops the fabrics look like they  would have been made for market stalls. It's the biggest rip off on the High St. My Mrs finds it very difficult to buy clothes because of the quality of fabrics and poor styling

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

Diesel larkee jeans only jeans I buy there the only ones that last but even they eventually circum to the rigours my huge ball bag puts on them .... got a pair of dewalt work trousers a week ago the button has alread popped ffs! 

I haven't got a big ball bag! :laugh: This is a serious gripe of mine. I'm sitting in a pair of levis now & the crotch is just starting to go in less than a year! Wtf!

Remember when your mum patched your jeans up? I need that again....:laugh:

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not some label freak, I've also got stuff I've had for well over 10 years & it's lasted, but I'm struggling these days........maybe I've just been unlucky?

It must be a man thing my bloke gets through a pair of work trousers every 6 weeks he wrecks clothes generally:laugh:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

The standard of clothing has definitely gone down. It's all far east sweatshop rubbish. Even in the posh shops the fabrics look like they  would have been made for market stalls. It's the biggest rip off on the High St. My Mrs finds it very difficult to buy clothes because of the quality of fabrics and poor styling

It really has hasn't it? Men's clothes are more expensive as well :yes:

23 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

go american classics covent garden , proper 501 red tags all cuts last for donkeys

The designers seem a bit retarded. They just trot out the same old styles. I used to love clothes and I'm determined to keep myself well clothed in my old age, but there's f**k all to buy.

9 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

It really has hasn't it? Men's clothes are more expensive as well :yes:

Oops meant to put the quote first.

Just now, jukel123 said:

The designers seem a bit retarded. They just trot out the same old styles. I used to love clothes and I'm determined to keep myself well clothed in my old age, but there's f**k all to buy.

Oops meant to put the quote first.

I like that attitude. I'm the same, though it's less of a priority now with kids.......I'm fussy as fcuk. I tell all family & my wife not to buy me clothes because the chances of me liking them is slim.

10 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

What's the difference mate? To buying from a levis shop?

aside from the button fly and the red white an blue inside seam about £100 think they top out at 170 depending on cut and year the pre shrunk or sit in rthe bath shrink to fit  1/2 inch turn up original style for the moonstompers lol the boys in the shop are levi experts  give a call they put you straight on it all 

Edited by green lurchers