TRAPS AGAIN

I was up on the hill near me this morning , iwas going snaring but sheep had been let in early  so trapping it was , i set ten across the top in well used holes a drop in the ocean for this place but given time they will catch,  this is 700 feet  ASL and when i reached the top with my ten traps iwas puffed out.

DSCF3769.JPG

DSCF3771.JPG

DSCF3775.JPG

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Bloody hell, that looks a cracking bit of ferreting, don't you use them ?

Yes, i used to ferret it twice a year ,there is usually a lot of rabbits here but this year it is not very good they are very big warrens and a handful of ferrets over the years i have five 80+ days with two of my sons  but they don't have the time now  days and i cannot manage on my own so i just do a bit  of trapping and  snaring , next year will be better.

SAM_0292_zpsb4fdf226.jpg

Picture051.jpg

DSCF0034_zpse945e981.jpg

• Like 7
40 minutes ago, micky said:

Yes, i used to ferret it twice a year ,there is usually a lot of rabbits here but this year it is not very good they are very big warrens and a handful of ferrets over the years i have five 80+ days with two of my sons  but they don't have the time now  days and i cannot manage on my own so i just do a bit  of trapping and  snaring , next year will be better.

SAM_0292_zpsb4fdf226.jpg

Picture051.jpg

DSCF0034_zpse945e981.jpg

Nice, very nice, bet it's bloody cold when the wind is blowing though.

if you want to ferret it I would be happy to come up for a day with you.

Nothing doing this morning though one trap was fired , i think this could have been a Rat going in , i have had this before in this type of trap it will throw them off and catch them  by the tail which they will bite off if they have time . The traps will stay down for a while as the holes are being worked  and i have seen rabbits near bye. Ihave a mind to break the lock off of the gate so i can drive up i used to have a key but a new chap now has the Grass Keeping and he don't want me on there  , Spiteful b*****d .

DSCF3776.JPG

Back up the hill and  still no luck two traps fired  and one of them had a Rabbit  taken from it i have not got a clue to what may have had it as it is almost impossible to get one out without depressing the lever,   one more go to-night then up they come , when i was leaving the farmer next door came over and told me that his two dogs had gone missing one is a fully trained sheep dog and the other is a Terrier and they went during the night.

DSCF3779.JPG

DSCF3786.JPG

49 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Is the trap in the first picture the one that had the rabbit in it? The trap looked like it hardly moved from where it was set.:hmm:

Yes it is the same trap and you are right it has not moved at all , it had a rabbit in it but the only sign of it being there  is the scrap of fur at the top of the Jaws, ihave had Rabbits taken from traps before and it takes a big animal to move one and they do leave a mess, Rats will eat them in a trap but i have  never seen a trap that clean,  one other thing is the marker pin that i put above every trap  was flat on the ground  , i think one off the sheep may have knocked it over   but who knows.