Learning / watching the seasons your grounds.

Took the GSP and camera, (no rifle :nono:) out today and took a few photos to show part of one of my permissions and what`s going on with the wild life.

IMG_0779.JPG.1efdf44541108e2d6600a8ccbdd35184.JPG

Rabbits are in here !

IMG_0781.JPG.c25af48cabbbb540a00dc83ea84eea09.JPG

More in here !

Basically Kaiser was marking all the warrens for me and telling me where to ambush them.

IMG_0777.JPG.5ec37e6334a016ee00af620bcb0dc793.JPG

Here`s the Grey`s says Kaiser.

So a good ambush point for the greys. A hide against that verge would give great cover.

IMG_0785.JPG.59a006dc5448c6ddfd03f9b39e13dd37.JPG

Ducks and snipe lifted here at one of the many flight ponds.

IMG_0783.JPG.8a3f8890602e8959dc594fe8c4481922.JPG

Here`s a well used fox run he`s marked for the snare.

IMG_0767.JPG.5a876f902ed1e1c04c7a145013484523.JPG

Here`s a large buzzard we disturbed, it`s wingspan was easily my arms outstretched, it was a big fella.

Anyways lads, just to show how I watch what is going on.

atb  Mark.

• Like 7

Spot on Mark "recon platoon kicks ass",Sunday night looking for Mr Reynard ,saw 7 bunnies ,24 Pheasants and 5 Badgers .The cheeky sods been seen 4 or 5 times on our shoot and im trying to find his/her den as the remains are annoying 7 bells out of the shoot members and me .I get the usual sightings ,horse riders ,land owner and kids but you turn up with a bang stick and he switches on his Klingon cloaking device :censored:

7 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Spot on Mark "recon platoon kicks ass",Sunday night looking for Mr Reynard ,saw 7 bunnies ,24 Pheasants and 5 Badgers .The cheeky sods been seen 4 or 5 times on our shoot and im trying to find his/her den as the remains are annoying 7 bells out of the shoot members and me .I get the usual sightings ,horse riders ,land owner and kids but you turn up with a bang stick and he switches on his Klingon cloaking device :censored:

How does your shoot feel about baiting and snaring him ? - "Bring him to you"

Half rotten rabbit livers and a few snares usually catch.

Good luck BC :good:

8 hours ago, Rez said:

Just looks like you took the dog for a walk to the park and took ya camera :D

Nice Mark... Your not getting out as much at the moment, I think anyway, to busy graftin at work?

x

Had a tenant of 6 years pass away and left one of the flats needing a full refurbishment Rez, plus the phone is none stop for roofing jobs.

I`m not complaining but there`s more to life than constantly working.

• Like 2

Nice one Mark.

I recon that I spend perhaps 4 - 5 times longer driving around the farm estates and walking the known and not so well known areas than I do actually shooting. It is amazing just how much I see and learn about the perms by simply walking them as well as it being an enjoyable time in the country.

The advantage of being retired................................just wish there was more money :sorry:

Phil

• Like 1

Tried stinky pilchards and dog food but so far not done the trick,snares are a no-no i,m afraid part of the national forest scheme enough dog walkers to fill a football pitch .Even put rotting high pigeons out apart from the smell making me heave it fed the crows briefly :censored:

Should be back out Friday see if he wants a .308 asprin to warm him up atb

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mark williams said:

How does your shoot feel about baiting and snaring him ? - "Bring him to you"

Half rotten rabbit livers and a few snares usually catch.

Good luck BC :good:

Had a tenant of 6 years pass away and left one of the flats needing a full refurbishment Rez, plus the phone is none stop for roofing jobs.

I`m not complaining but there`s more to life than constantly working.

Shit. Just realised I liked the post about the death but Im liking the more to life bit. F'sake. You know what I mean.

It's the best way to do it Mark. A few hours out walking a new or old perm can mean the difference between a fruitful hunt or going home with nothing but cold hands.

I was out on a perm the other night that I knew quite well but blanked so put the rifle away in the van and instead of going home sat there and squeaked foxes in for the sheer hell of it. 3 of them came within 30 yards and the last one couldnt have been any furthar than 12 yards and I had to spook him or I swear he would have come for a bloody fuss!

Oh the fun you can have with a red filter and the gap between your fingers.................behave :icon_redface:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

It's the best way to do it Mark. A few hours out walking a new or old perm can mean the difference between a fruitful hunt or going home with nothing but cold hands.

I was out on a perm the other night that I knew quite well but blanked so put the rifle away in the van and instead of going home sat there and squeaked foxes in for the sheer hell of it. 3 of them came within 30 yards and the last one couldnt have been any furthar than 12 yards and I had to spook him or I swear he would have come for a bloody fuss!

Oh the fun you can have with a red filter and the gap between your fingers.................behave :icon_redface:

Now then, now then Mathew ! :laugh:

• Like 1