Tuned lgu

2 minutes ago, villaman said:

It would be nice if they did a review on other tuners and see what they are like side by side . All i know is my HW95 tuned by Dave Price is far better than SFS Imp 

Ask Dave Price to send them one villaman.

All the very best for you and yours mate

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys However I am currently starting a review of a Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion,on my AATXHC .177. this will not be on VHTV,but on my other channel/Facebook profile plus th

Alright Davy. Fair point about the RFD.  But why not? If you don't mind me asking. I get it may be something you've both agreed on, no problems, fine, but just asking why not.. when you may

Not to worry buddy,it will happen one day? at least I got to meet the other half of your love relationship (Si Brown ???)

Posted Images

3 hours ago, villaman said:

97 has been proven over many years ,along with 77 and probably one of the best underlevers imo 

Had several goes on a TX ,   i did think about buying one a few weeks ago  ,but for me 97 all day long  ,great hunting gun in .177 or .22 ,with a bit of spit and polish 

couldn't agree more vm... I've had and used/tried all the above rifles and the 97's and 95 suit me just fine!

the prosport and tx were pellet on pellet off a bag/cushion but seen as though I don't cart anything like that about the fields there no good to ME..

got full confidence in hw springers and they don't have any of the buttoning or delrin bearings... is there really any need for them cos aft a home tune the hw's are 

smooth as you like and equally as accurate!

all down to personal preference....  all I know is I won't be buying any more air arms springers! 

• Like 3

I've not had an air rifle for god knows how many years now, but recently bought a pro sport off a foul mouthed geordie lol, and after a quick zero I was more than impressed, if you guys say the HW are a lot better I dread to think how accurate and user friendly they are after shooting the pro sport.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, delswal said:

I've not had an air rifle for god knows how many years now, but recently bought a pro sport off a foul mouthed geordie lol, and after a quick zero I was more than impressed, if you guys say the HW are a lot better I dread to think how accurate and user friendly they are after shooting the pro sport.

Del you just keep the pro sport mate your like me a big lad with big hands so the PS will fit you to a t mate

SI,s got little hands and the stock dont fit him

i show,d him how good the ps was in my hands

and the 97 pellet on pellet the both of them

some of us can shoot Del and some of us(SI BROWN:whistling::p) cant .

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

19 hours ago, villaman said:

It would be nice if they did a review on other tuners and see what they are like side by side . All i know is my HW95 tuned by Dave Price is far better than SFS Imp 

Hi VM

if they are registered RFD ,then I have no problem with it.

its one of the conditions Si & myself decided,when we started reviews on rifles.sadly most of the shed tuners are not RFD registered so we won’t be putting it on VHTV,

• Like 2

Hi guys

However I am currently starting a review of a Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion,on my AATXHC .177.

this will not be on VHTV,but on my other channel/Facebook profile plus the option to share it.

it saddens me when for a simple fee to register,the airgun community loose out on knowing about these shed tuners,because if it wasn’t for RFD gunsmiths and shed tuners doing there R&D most of us would still be shooting untuned rifles,unless you know hands on and own a lathe.

in my opinion the LGU is good out of the box,apart from the trigger mechanism,which I found had a lot of creep and you could hear the springs moving ( not good ) 

John has sorted this and also given it a stage 1 tune,which it shoots a lot better as do there other out of box tunes.

walther have definitely got the LGU/LGV right ,and is a contender against the AA & HW,but as it has been mentioned it’s all down to personal preference.all just as accurate in the right hands.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Del you just keep the pro sport mate your like me a big lad with big hands so the PS will fit you to a t mate

SI,s got little hands and the stock dont fit him

i show,d him how good the ps was in my hands

and the 97 pellet on pellet the both of them

some of us can shoot Del and some of us(SI BROWN:whistling::p) cant .

So what you saying exactly Jimmy? That Si has girlie hands and cannot shoot? :laugh:

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, davyt63 said:

Hi guys

However I am currently starting a review of a Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion,on my AATXHC .177.

this will not be on VHTV,but on my other channel/Facebook profile plus the option to share it.

it saddens me when for a simple fee to register,the airgun community loose out on knowing about these shed tuners,because if it wasn’t for RFD gunsmiths and shed tuners doing there R&D most of us would still be shooting untuned rifles,unless you know hands on and own a lathe.

in my opinion the LGU is good out of the box,apart from the trigger mechanism,which I found had a lot of creep and you could hear the springs moving ( not good ) 

John has sorted this and also given it a stage 1 tune,which it shoots a lot better as do there other out of box tunes.

walther have definitely got the LGU/LGV right ,and is a contender against the AA & HW,but as it has been mentioned it’s all down to personal preference.all just as accurate in the right hands.

iV SEEN YOU SHOOT BETTER THAN YOU DO IN THAT VID DAVY

AFTER A FEW :drinks:

SORRY I COULD NOT MAKE IT DOWN TO THE SHOOTING RANGE MATE

IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND THE WIFE HAD SOME THING PLANNED FOR ME

AND TOLD ME I WAS NOT TO GO SHOOTING AT ALL

I TOLD HER,, BUT ITS DAYT63

IT WAS MET WITH THAT STERN LOOK AND A FROWN

AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS LOL

NEXT TIME BRO

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

NEXT TIME BRO

So your are under the thumb then and you wear the skirt :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

NEXT TIME BRO

Not to worry buddy,it will happen one day?

at least I got to meet the other half of your love relationship (Si Brown ???)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
12 hours ago, davyt63 said:

Hi VM

if they are registered RFD ,then I have no problem with it.

its one of the conditions Si & myself decided,when we started reviews on rifles.sadly most of the shed tuners are not RFD registered so we won’t be putting it on VHTV,

Alright Davy. Fair point about the RFD. 

But why not? If you don't mind me asking.

I get it may be something you've both agreed on, no problems, fine, but just asking why not.. when you may find something youve not shot before... and could show the subs something new. 

You can't disagree that what got you into shooting 'tuned' rifles was indeed, knowledge from someone you know or perhaps having a fettle in someway or another on your own rifles. There is no way you or si got to the standard you both shoot at from "buying high end" from the start... you need to know how a shocking rifle shoots before you appreciate a decent one. 

Your almost saying you won't review rifles that are probably what got you interested in shooting tuned rifles in the first place... and don't misinterpret this so don't make it your focus on the reply. Because they aren't supplied By a RFD?

I could probably bet my trigger finger on there is better 'shed tuners' out there that produce a better system than SFS. I'd say the bloke at my HFT club does a better job, it all personal preference of course. 

But then again SFS will give you something, where as John Doe, couldn't give two Fks and just have the knowledge. 

Dave price may produce a better rifle/system, I say he may as I don't own a DP system... but will he sponsor your channel... 

Jesus. If RAW said to me, say our shit is amazing on Instagram and I'll send you new shit to review, I'd wouldn't have to think twice :) 

great channel, great content, just my two pence. 

• Like 4