Tuned lgu

I watched that review last night - good review :thumbs:

I like the format - starting with the technical stuff, then going for opinions, then into some actual hunting.

From the shots taken at the range, it looks like it's got very low recoil.

It was good to see Dave on the video - he's one of the proper characters from the club :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys However I am currently starting a review of a Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion,on my AATXHC .177. this will not be on VHTV,but on my other channel/Facebook profile plus th

Alright Davy. Fair point about the RFD.  But why not? If you don't mind me asking. I get it may be something you've both agreed on, no problems, fine, but just asking why not.. when you may

Not to worry buddy,it will happen one day? at least I got to meet the other half of your love relationship (Si Brown ???)

Posted Images

Yes i do enjoy watching their channel and reviews but i am with REZ on this ,some of the so called shed tuners can do a better job .. It  just would be nice to see a side by side review ,instead of SFS tune .

It's become a bit like the airgun mags ,nothing is said bad about a gun they review  . IMO this has become the same with Si and Davy with SFS .

I have nothing against  them at all  ,they do a brilliant  job for the airgun community new and old    and like i said i do enjoy watching the channel 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, davyt63 said:

Not to worry buddy,it will happen one day?

at least I got to meet the other half of your love relationship (Si Brown ???)

Cheeky tw@t :laugh:

Nice work on Jonjon’s knife,

its well smart?

Keep up the good work with the Chanel 

Atb si 

• Like 2

Rez may be right Davy lads like Si Brown the lad can tune a rifle with his eyes closed

and he will say HE ONLY DOSE HIS OWN OR CLOSE FRIENDS .

But iv shot both fsf and si,s rifles and si,s top the sfs hands down

His 97ks is some thing to be holed iv tuned loads of 97,s and iv been happy with them but si,s is the best iv ever had the pleasure to shoot .

YES SFS ARE GOOD BUT THERE ARE SOME LADS OUT THERE THAT ARE BETTER

AND THEY DO IT IN A SHED AND SOME WITH NEXT TO NO GEAR JUST WHAT THEY HAVE AT HAND .

THEN YOU HAVE CHARLIECALLER THE MANS A LEGEND AT TUNING

BUT THEY WILL NOT GET THE CHANCE OF HAVING THERE RIFLES TESTED BY YOU AND SI

SHAME REALLY

MAY BE THEY SHOULD START THERE OWN CHANNEL ?

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Rez may be right Davy lads like Si Brown the lad can tune a rifle with his eyes closed

and he will say HE ONLY DOSE HIS OWN OR CLOSE FRIENDS .

But iv shot both fsf and si,s rifles and si,s top the sfs hands down

His 97ks is some thing to be holed iv tuned loads of 97,s and iv been happy with them but si,s is the best iv ever had the pleasure to shoot .

YES SFS ARE GOOD BUT THERE ARE SOME LADS OUT THERE THAT ARE BETTER

AND THEY DO IT IN A SHED AND SOME WITH NEXT TO NO GEAR JUST WHAT THEY HAVE AT HAND .

THEN YOU HAVE CHARLIECALLER THE MANS A LEGEND AT TUNING

BUT THEY WILL NOT GET THE CHANCE OF HAVING THERE RIFLES TESTED BY YOU AND SI

SHAME REALLY

MAY BE THEY SHOULD START THERE OWN CHANNEL ?

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just may be this thread will give Davy and Si food for thought , may be !! :thumbs:

• Like 1

All have a valid point with each and every opinion, but there is nothing stopping anyone from opening a YouTube account and posting a review. Or on here The hunting Life and other forums.   If the Rifle  is more important then the finger on the trigger then is it not of no consequence?  The Rifle will do the job?    I do not think, and this is just in my opinion that any Rifle is better then the next.  Be it out of the box or tuned as it always comes down to one persons opinion from the other. 

If it does the job according to one's skills and competency then it is a good Rifle and will do even better in the hand of someone who is more competent.   And just as bad in the hand of someone with less ability.  Finger on the individual trigger with any Rifle.  Hitting the target is what it is all about, OK this Rifle is shit in your opinion, all fine and good but it is my shit and I am happy with it.

All in just my opinion 

All the very best for one and all

2 minutes ago, just-A-snap said:

All have a valid point with each and every opinion, but there is nothing stopping anyone from opening a YouTube account and posting a review. Or on here The hunting Life and other forums.   If the Rifle  is more important then the finger on the trigger then is it not of no consequence?  The Rifle will do the job?    I do not think, and this is just in my opinion that any Rifle is better then the next.  Be it out of the box or tuned as it always comes down to one persons opinion from the other. 

If it does the job according to one's skills and competency then it is a good Rifle and will do even better in the hand of someone who is more competent.   And just as bad in the hand of someone with less ability.  Finger on the individual trigger with any Rifle.  Hitting the target is what it is all about, OK this Rifle is shit in your opinion, all fine and good but it is my shit and I am happy with it.

All in just my opinion 

Have you ever fired a tuned rifle Renos

before and after its been tuned

so you can see and feel the difference

for your self

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Renos , my HW95 out of the box very nice ,I sent it of to Dave Price (wonkey Donkey ) my god what a different gun it is now .

Even my spit and polish on my .22 97 made a difference and that shot ok as well before i worked on it 

I have a SFS IMP and shot a home tuned HW99 .22 , home tuned shot better than the Imp and that is what i call a side by side comparison 

• Like 1

So i take that as a no then

and a rifle out of the box can not be as good as a tuned rifle they say the tx200 dose not need a tune but all you have to do is look at Marks posts on his to see it dose benefit from a tune .

hw97,s need a tune and a polish out of the box even if its just to get rid of the factory shit thats in them if your lucky there may be two or three that dont .

and as for the finger on the trigger yes it counts but its a hell of a lot better with a rifle that shoots a lot smoother and with less recoil

your just commenting on some thing you know nothing about

mac

VM mate I am not saying that it is not better in some hands.  The point is most who watch VerminHuntersTV  will never own a tuned Rifle and that goes for most who are on here The Hunting Life but do not comment.  The lads here are as far as I know all competent and beyond as marksman and hunters.  I am saying to the rest become competent with the Rifle you have now and then progress if you want later.  Getting a tuned Rifle will not make you a better marksman if one has not put in the time,

In my opinion.

All the very best for you and yours mate

P.S
My hands are not working well with the keyboard today lads.  I apologise for correcting all my mistakes

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

So i take that as a no then

and a rifle out of the box can not be as good as a tuned rifle they say the tx200 dose not need a tune but all you have to do is look at Marks posts on his to see it dose benefit from a tune .

hw97,s need a tune and a polish out of the box even if its just to get rid of the factory shit thats in them if your lucky there may be two or three that dont .

and as for the finger on the trigger yes it counts but its a hell of a lot better with a rifle that shoots a lot smoother and with less recoil

your just commenting on some thing you know nothing about

mac

Come on mac mate, did i say that a tuned Rifle is no good. 

All the very best

I think the point Jimmy and Mitch are trying to make Renos is that even a great out of the box rifle can be made better by a clean and polish of the internals let alone a tune. That modification will be felt by a complete novice or a great marksmen. Regarding using a tuned rifle against a stereotypical cheap quality one, it's like asking someone to shoot Free hand balancing on one leg to learn to shoot. It's not the best way. It's not the correct technique so we do it properly, from a rest using proper technique. The same applies to how a rifle SHOULD come out of the factory. In an ideal world it would be smooth and not jump like a maniac so to learn with best available kit surely is the way to learn.

My neighbour was so pissed off with the hatsan breaker that he gave it me. It put him off shooting, yet after I fettled it and shot a lot of rabbits from good ranges with it, his faith was restored and now he has it back and is enjoying the sport again.?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

All in just my opinion 

dont think anyones saying the rifle is sh1t Renos 

even a sh1t hot shot cant be consistently good with a crap rifle, the only thing ive ever heard anyone complain about is the trigger and mark with the stock router!

tuning rifles to be more user friendly can only be a good thing especially when you hunt with them,, the only thing ive got with the super tuners is the 

pricing structure, most can be sorted within a couple of hours and parts to do it can cost as little as £3 if you have to buy washers.. to say £40 if springs and seals are changed

the majority of top end springers are just lacking the finishing touches that should be done as standard with the price tags they carrie!

I recon most of the tuning parts that you can buy are crap and way over priced, you alter one part and it has a knock on affect be it good or bad!

atb si

• Like 2

You will get no arguments from me mattwhite nor will any of the other lads, if i took things the wrong way, i would as I suspect you would not also be here.  I do hope by now that every one knows that my view is if you are selling something then it should be fit for purpose.  The cheapest rifle if one has the luck to find it can be the best ever.   Some see the achievements of others  with a tuned Rifle but never stop to thing about the hard work that it took and takes to get to that point. 

All the very best mate

Edited by just-A-snap