Tuned lgu

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys However I am currently starting a review of a Tony Leach 22mm skirtless piston conversion,on my AATXHC .177. this will not be on VHTV,but on my other channel/Facebook profile plus th

Alright Davy. Fair point about the RFD.  But why not? If you don't mind me asking. I get it may be something you've both agreed on, no problems, fine, but just asking why not.. when you may

Not to worry buddy,it will happen one day? at least I got to meet the other half of your love relationship (Si Brown ???)

Posted Images

Lovely rifles but, for me, the AA TX 200`s are way better.

The TX also uses a Walther barrel but the AA trigger is far superior to the LGU.

The AA rifles have a far superior build quality also.

Each to their own mind but the TX accuracy is 2nd to none ( for me) amongst spring rifles. :good:

IMG_0747.JPG.5008c77a58150ee9e49c539cc722b170.JPG

The AArms rifles hold their prices better as well.

atb Mark.

Er, Herm,  sorry about the rabbit boys, :icon_redface:

• Like 1

I agree that the trigger is better on AA rifles, however this can be sorted, but as someone who has had apart one or two AA rifles, and the odd Walther, the engineering of the Walther internals is vastly superior to both AA or HW , and trust me on this, you will not get a spring rifle to shoot quieter than a Walther lgu/lgv once a moderator is fitted, cracking rifles.

• Like 1

Im with cc on this not shot a lgu or lgv but have been next to one at the range

and iv got to say very quiet

Mark your not going to like this but

THERE ARE BETTER SPRING RIFLES THAN A TX200 HC AND I SHOULD KNOW IV HAD MOST OF THEM LOL

AND I MY SELF HAVE THE USE OF A SI BROWN TUNED TX200 AND YES SHE IS NICE TO SHOOT

BUT IT COMES DOWN TO THE BEAR TRAP ONCE AGAIN AND THEM LGU,S AND LGVS HAVE THEM THATS WHY IV NOT GOT ONE MY SELF ,

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE T REX BUT ID HAVE AND IM GOING TO HAVE THE DADDY THE HW97S TUNED TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL JUST LIKE MY LAST ONE ,,,FULL V,MACK KIT ,,,WELSH WILLY BLADE AND TRIGGER SYSTEM ,,AND POLISHED TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE.

AND IF IT TURNS OUT ANY THING LIKE MY LAST ONE ILL BE A HAPPY MAN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

I`ve owned, albeit a short spell, the Master Pro.

Yes, I would agree with Charlie  and yourself over the Walther internals and smoothness but ( for me) "the TRex don`t half put the pellet where I want it to go".

Granted, my T Rex has been to Rat Works and benefited greatly for it`s tune/ short stroke but it all boils down to opinions and results :hmm:

Good luck with the 97 Jimmy, - I hope they win as many HFT world championships as the TX 200 one day :good::p:laugh: x

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

I`ve owned, albeit a short spell, the Master Pro.

Yes, I would agree with Charlie  and yourself over the Walther internals and smoothness but ( for me) "the TRex don`t half put the pellet where I want it to go".

Granted, my T Rex has been to Rat Works and benefited greatly for it`s tune/ short stroke but it all boils down to opinions and results :hmm:

Good luck with the 97 Jimmy, - I hope they win as many HFT world championships as the TX 200 one day :good::p:laugh: x

Feck the hft champion ships

its what puts the meat in the freezer that counts and as most 97,s are used for hunting

the lads have no time for hft

and if THATS the only reason you bought one your easily pleased .

mac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

97 has been proven over many years ,along with 77 and probably one of the best underlevers imo 

Had several goes on a TX ,   i did think about buying one a few weeks ago  ,but for me 97 all day long  ,great hunting gun in .177 or .22 ,with a bit of spit and polish 

• Like 1

Just out of interest, did the LGU do its job?  

I am more than sure that the 97 and TX will do the job.  But for my money they will do the job better in the hands of someone as davyt63 and others.  Outstanding shooting in anyone's book in my opinion.  Yes a Sandwell Field Sports tuned Walther LGU that is in Davy Thomas opinion better than out of the box by being smoother when shooting but mainly with the trigger work making it from a good Rifle to now an outstanding one.  The Review was all about the LGU and how the Sandwell Field Sports tune has improved it in Davy Thomas opinion.  No pretence was made that it was a Rifle other than one of VerminHuntersTV Sponsors.

The Rifle did its job, but with out the shooting of someone as Davy Thomas it would not have performed half as good.  And again just in my opinion, the 97 and TX would not ether.  All good Rifles will do the job, all is personal as to the one, one prefers.   But as for one being better than the other, then that comes down to the finger on the Trigger.

All in just my opinion.

All the very best for one and all 

• Like 1