New Darcy Book

Each to their own but personally I think the book is of very high quality,the images are of a superior quality to volume one,the action shots are superb..pics like that are not just a given when your out EVERYTHING has to be just right even down to the weather as it affects the light which in turn affects the exposure of the photographs so believe me for every good shot there will be hundreds that just don't cut the mustard,the tens of thousands of miles travelled,ferry journeys,the walking,climbing of mountains,it ain't easy & lugging a camera with a huge lens on don't make things any easier,books of this ilk will become a part of what once was & looking & reminiscing at images like these will be what we remember of days long gone when our memories begin to fade,I applaud not only JD but anyone who puts together a book for the enjoyment and/or that can be of benefit to help anyone be it a beginner or someone time served in the dog game.There's books out there for reading the Passion for Coursing series for instance,enjoy this one for what it is,dogs at work, strutting their stuff,does it have to be a "big named" dog to make a better picture? I think not..each dog in there is a superstar to its owner & I for one tip my hat to each & every single one of them..the owners & dogs of whatever ability were out doing what they were purposely bred for..to work! Well done JD another cracker for the bookshelf ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I think all shooting hunting books are must have as i like sitting reading before i go to sleep  , and as said  they are telling the story now what seems of a bygone age , and theres still going to be loads of folk buying 2/3 copies as a investment 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, FUJI said:

Each to their own but personally I think the book is of very high quality,the images are of a superior quality to volume one,the action shots are superb..pics like that are not just a given when your out EVERYTHING has to be just right even down to the weather as it affects the light which in turn affects the exposure of the photographs so believe me for every good shot there will be hundreds that just don't cut the mustard,the tens of thousands of miles travelled,ferry journeys,the walking,climbing of mountains,it ain't easy & lugging a camera with a huge lens on don't make things any easier,books of this ilk will become a part of what once was & looking & reminiscing at images like these will be what we remember of days long gone when our memories begin to fade,I applaud not only JD but anyone who puts together a book for the enjoyment and/or that can be of benefit to help anyone be it a beginner or someone time served in the dog game.There's books out there for reading the Passion for Coursing series for instance,enjoy this one for what it is,dogs at work, strutting their stuff,does it have to be a "big named" dog to make a better picture? I think not..each dog in there is a superstar to its owner & I for one tip my hat to each & every single one of them..the owners & dogs of whatever ability were out doing what they were purposely bred for..to work! Well done JD another cracker for the bookshelf ?

Spot on Fuji 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, FUJI said:

I a would pefferd to look at pictures of ture coursing dogs at the top of there game and maybe an interview with the picture would be better than this picture book at the end of the day I book to enjoy and I never enjoyed it one flick through and it’s shelfed I will never pick it up Again 

It's good to read people's opinions as it gives others an insight into what the book is about & they can then decide for themselves if they want to spend their hard earned dollar on what is after all a picture book..I like it but then I'm possibly bias as there's a few pics of my ugly brute of a dog in there,I don't confess to him being a true coursing dog,he's just a working lurcher to me if that means he's not worthy of his place in the book then I apologise but he's mastered his fair share of gear these past 4 seasons & like I said he's my superstar as are the other dogs to their respective owners I guess too..buy or pass it by it really is up to you & if you've already bought it & are disappointed with it just stick it on eBay it will sell no bother I'd assume ?

• Like 2

:hmm:I think it is a mistake to 'read too much into everything',...no book on God's earth can ever match being out there yourself,..but it would be a miserable fecker who could not get some degree of pleasure and enjoyment, from looking at well-taken images, of beautiful running dogs,..after all, that is our thing, ain't it..

• Like 10