May on Russia

26 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just read a chunk of that back to yourself mate ;) 

I know exactly what I've said & I know our own governments are  far from blameless in any way, so how is Putin better & to be admired? He is worse on the best of days, but as you say, far more blatant with it.

As with all Putin fans you refuse to acknowledge the blatant bullying & murdering, but only rejoice in the nationalism, while hating your own government for similar crimes. I just find it hard to understand mate that's all....

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putins a nationalist as far as I can see and I’m a nationalist. He was bang on the money about Assad, if we had helped Assad maintain the status quo instead of making things much worse with our r

As Nigel says ...maybe we are looking in the wrong place   

“Undermine our institutions....” I think our own crop of Politicians have made a far better job of that than Putin could ever hope to do. f***ing traitorous witch!!......I have a lot more re

1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

I know exactly what I've said & I know our own governments are  far from blameless in any way, so how is Putin better & to be admired? He is worse on the best of days, but as you say, far more blatant with it.

Hopefully I am self aware enough to realise that I come at everything from a point of total and complete loss of faith and respect for anything linked to UK and European politics so I am fully clued up on my all consuming bias in that regard.

Id pretty much put the Yorkshire ripper in front of almost any politician in Westminster and that’s the truth.

I just don’t see how we can applaud total hypocrisy from May when, imho, Putin is a far better man for his country than she is woman for hers.

I just can’t bring myself to give these shower an inch, my logic just won’t let me.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Id pretty much put the Yorkshire ripper in front of almost any politician in Westminster and that’s the truth.

I just don’t see how we can applaud total hypocrisy from May when, imho, Putin is a far better man for his country than she is woman for hers.

I just can’t bring myself to give these shower an inch, my logic just won’t let me.

I see your an analogy and extend it to every elected leader in the world. I'll judge them by their results and I have a really hard time trusting oligarchs. Without derailing the thread the US election restored my faith in democracy but hasn't done anything to change my opinion of elected officials. Results do that.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, WILF said:

Hopefully I am self aware enough to realise that I come at everything from a point of total and complete loss of faith and respect for anything linked to UK and European politics so I am fully clued up on my all consuming bias in that regard.

Though you'd surely feel the same about Putin if he ran our country with the same level of corruption & murder that he does his own. Your mind is far too inquiring not to I would say. I'd say the grass certainly ain't greener in this case, but like all of us, I don't know exactly what's it like to live in Russia.

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Though you'd surely feel the same about Putin if he ran our country with the same level of corruption & murder that he does his own. You mind is far too inquiring not to I would say. I'd say the grass certainly greener in this case, but like all of us, I don't know exactly what's it like to live in Russia.

obama clinton like a bit of murder!!! must never forget that:drinks: the don hasnt risen to that just yet " The pattern is clear. The US vigorously denies doing anything wrong, speaks in high moral tones, and vigorously opposes any attempts to investigate and get at the truth. Then when the truth finally emerges long after the events, then the US government says that that was all in the bad old days and we don’t do such things now and we should “look to the future and not to the past” (Obama’s favorite excuse for not doing anything about the Bush-Cheney atrocities) and the cycle starts anew."

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

obama clinton like a bit of murder!!! must never forget that:drinks: the don hasnt risen to that just yet 

So it's fine for Putin then? Because someone else has done it?  :laugh:

Putin nice chap. Other murderers very bad?  :laugh:

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

hey bud its the old stones and greenhouse situation would you agree?

No. I've never stated Obama/Clinton are great people. You are stating Putin is a nice fella & a great leader. I'm disputing that & saying he has murdered his own people. Frequently.

when I start saying everyone else in the world is innocent, then you can throw that old chestnut at me  :thumbs:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

No. I've never stated Obama/Clinton are great people. You are stating Putin is a nice fella & a great leader. I'm disputing that & saying he has murdered his own people. Frequently.

when I start saying everyone else in the world is innocent, then you can throw that old chestnut at me  :thumbs:

putin likes a bit of flyfishing i can adhere to that :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

putin likes a bit of flyfishing i can adhere to that :thumbs:

Check out the Russian apartment bombings mate or where huge amounts of money for food orders went missing during Putins time in the mayors office of St. Petersburg. Those things are just the beginning. Check them out without bias & see what you think mate. I know we've got some shit in the west, but no worse imo....

37 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

The pattern is clear. The US vigorously denies doing anything wrong, speaks in high moral tones, and vigorously opposes any attempts to investigate and get at the truth.

Can't agree more! Roll up, roll up, there's a new guy in charge of the merry-go-round! :thumbs:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Check out the Russian apartment bombings mate or where huge amounts of money for food orders went missing during Putins time in the mayors office of St. Petersburg. Those things are just the beginning. Check them out without bias & see what you think mate. I know we've got some shit in the west, but no worse imo....

I think it's part of the problem that large sections of society refuse to analyze information without bias. Echo-chamber has become a cliche but we're in an era where truth no longer is because it isn't palatable to the listener. Look at the old Soviet union. Championed by the left for decades. Robert Conquest was vilified when he released his book calculating the death toll under Stalin... when the wall came down everyone just kinda shut the f*ck up about it when presented with undeniable and overwhelming evidence. Now we're in an era that despite such issues we'd double down and support these biases to the point of adulation. Don't pay attention to the crimes... look at all the work they've done for weapons development! :spiteful:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I think it's part of the problem that large sections of society refuse to analyze information without bias. Echo-chamber has become a cliche but we're in an era where truth no longer is because it isn't palatable to the listener. Look at the old Soviet union. Championed by the left for decades. Robert Conquest was vilified when he released his book calculating the death toll under Stalin... when the wall came down everyone just kinda shut the f*ck up about it when presented with undeniable and overwhelming evidence. Now we're in an era that despite such issues we'd double down and support these biases to the point of adulation. Don't pay attention to the crimes... look at all the work they've done for weapons development! :spiteful:

It's a great point & one I've often thought about & one I'm sure I've been guilty of, even now! You have a reference point you can identify with & conveniently ignore the rest if it undermines your argument. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

im sure id be fishing the best spots on the kola peninsular  with vad while your arguing the toss lol fishing brings folks together 

Yeah but you won't be, but this forum has brought us together.....:laugh:

• Like 1