New perm ??

Hopefully I have just got a perm that has the missing grey squirrels and woodies I've been looking for since we moved to Anglesey.

I called to see a new customer today on an estate and just happened to spot 3 greys racing around an oak tree which got me thinking so I asked the guy who I had the meeting with about shooting permission. He told me to go see the estate manager so off I went.

With no appointment I wasn't holding out any hope but he wad very obliging and after a long chat about his hatred of greys and the need for rabbit control on the estate things looked good. He seemed to be very happy with the fact I had got my BASC ID and I have given him a couple of contact numbers of perms so that he can get some kind of reference about me so I'm hoping this one is in the bag as it's a 4000 acre estate. That takes into account a hamlet in the middle of it and it really is a handful of cottages. Loads of hilly livestock farmland which apparently is where the rabbits are in abundance and 800 acres of woodland so the squizzer and woody hunting should be pretty good. My fingers are tightly crossed????

I forgot to mention that it's a 45 minute drive but with the amount of possibities, that's not far at all in my opinion??

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Durham John said:

Good for you mate,

You cannot have to much land to shoot over you can always rest some and hammer other bits.

DJ

Cheers John.

It's been over 6 years since I had any grey squirrel opportunities and the woodies over here are few and far between.

Air rifles in general are considered toys by some land owners over here and I have had a couple of land owners laugh and say I'd be better off with a real gun when I've asked about permissions. Not to worry though, every dog has it's day??

2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Looks like you should of kept the hw100 Matt

only saying like

got my fingers crossed for you to bud

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers Jimmy.?

Don't you worry.....the R10 will be begging for mercy if this one comes off.  I will be seeing just how super this supercarbine is?

2 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Cheers Jimmy.?

Don't you worry.....the R10 will be begging for mercy if this one comes off.  I will be seeing just how super this supercarbine is?

If its out like viz,s it will be mint Matt

cracking little rifle mate spot on

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Blimey, 4,000 acre estate, 800 acres of  woodland :icon_eek: you`ve dropped on there Matt, that`s a shoot for life if you do your bit and get seen often.

Very happy for you mate :good:

" Twat " x                                                                                                                                                                         

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Blimey, 4,000 acre estate, 800 acres of  woodland :icon_eek: you`ve dropped on there Matt, that`s a shoot for life if you do your bit and get seen often.

Very happy for you mate :good:

" Twat " x                                                                                                                                                                         

Cheers Mark. There will be some unshootable stuff on there like the gardens of the main house as that's National trust etc but the rest should provide some good sport pal??

10 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Jesus, that'll be some permission mate :yes:

..... Good luck :thumbs:

I imagine that, being on Anglesey, they'll be more than happy for you to help out the reds.

This one is back on the mainland Jon where they haven't done anything about the greys. There's no greys on Anglesey at all. 18 year project and because its only connected by 2 bridges there is little chance of them returning. This perm is more like the rolling countryside of Derbyshire that im used to??

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, si brown said:

I've heard the changing the name of Anglesey to matts perm:yes:

hope it pans out, it sounds mint!

atb si 

Haha?theres one or two that would know about it if it became matts perm i can tell you mate??