Jill’s wanted .. Yorkshire

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yorkshire ferrets lol they've only got to go down a foot in them soft easy Yorkshire warrens ... bring them down to the 12 foot chalk warrens of the south and see what their like lol ........

Thanks very much to chap who sorted me these 2 Jill’s.. and only 20 mins away.. top lad Dave my young en is over the moon so thank you very much. 

As title says.. looking for a Jill or 2 to add to our little team if anyone knows of any I’m near pontefract but don’t mind traveling within reason.. cheers sesku 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, vin said:

Just done a 480 mile round trip to pick up some hobs bred last year, off my own hob and a mates good jill.

I can tell you all one thing for sure.... The best ferrets are born and bred in Yorkshire !  :p

Yorkshire ferrets lol they've only got to go down a foot in them soft easy Yorkshire warrens ... bring them down to the 12 foot chalk warrens of the south and see what their like lol ........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, socks said:

you should know matey...You've got some Hybrids yourself..Tomo still has the Hob from your Jill and my Hob... He's a beast !   But that's obviously down to the Northern Hardness...  None of that soft southern roots has rubbed off..lol

I had one half a foot down the other day mate..just moved the grass and lifted it out...heheee

1 hour ago, vin said:

you should know matey...You've got some Hybrids yourself..Tomo still has the Hob from your Jill and my Hob... He's a beast !   But that's obviously down to the Northern Hardness...  None of that soft southern roots has rubbed off..lol

I had one half a foot down the other day mate..just moved the grass and lifted it out...heheee

Your Hobs have the blood of the old ConyCatcher line, flowing through their veins

Their sleek and agile Dam has worked exclusively, amidst the chalk and flint of the Southern Downlands...

I'm sure that you'll be reet....:thumbs:

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Jordyferreter said:

I’m only in Wakefield and Was looking for a couple for myself really struggled but seems like there’s a few on Facebook round Barnsley area. If that’s any use to you .

The young  hob in the pic is from a mate at Wakefield ??He’s doing great. Looks like a trip to Highgate on a Saturday morning see if we can drop on a couple 

13 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Your Hobs have the blood of the old ConyCatcher line, flowing through their veins

Their sleek and agile Dam has worked exclusively, amidst the chalk and flint of the Southern Downlands...

I'm sure that you'll be reet....:thumbs:

All 3 Hobs went down locked on and stayed on mate..straight out of box and onto a bunny in seconds.Each one had his solo moment to assess the team..One of them is looking like his old daddy. They all hunt, kill and stay.One of them is a very determined proficient hunter and killer. I'm looking forward to seeing how they all develop over the season.

The Jill we used from your pack was very similar to the one Ken used the year before in size shape etc and the kits are very similar in size and shape too.

We all need to pool our resources next year to keep a line going between us all. My old hob is being kept for special occasions these days..He went a bit funny at beginning of season( shag happy ).But he was back on form last week when he was showing off to his sons...lol.

3 hours ago, vin said:

All 3 Hobs went down locked on and stayed on mate..straight out of box and onto a bunny in seconds.Each one had his solo moment to assess the team..One of them is looking like his old daddy. They all hunt, kill and stay.One of them is a very determined proficient hunter and killer. I'm looking forward to seeing how they all develop over the season.

The Jill we used from your pack was very similar to the one Ken used the year before in size shape etc and the kits are very similar in size and shape too.

We all need to pool our resources next year to keep a line going between us all. My old hob is being kept for special occasions these days..He went a bit funny at beginning of season( shag happy ).But he was back on form last week when he was showing off to his sons...lol.

Isn't some of your bloodlines in iworkwhippets albino hob? 

4 hours ago, vin said:

We all need to pool our resources next year to keep a line going between us all.

My old hob is being kept for special occasions these days...He went a bit funny at beginning of season( shag happy ).But he was back on form last week when he was showing off to his sons...lol.

Wise words there Vin...:yes:

When I packed in the rabbiting job (some ten years ago) I let most of my old line of working ferrets go to various folk,...I never envisioned needing them again.

Then,...slowly but surely,..the hunting life drew me back in,...I tried to walk away, but I just couldn't.

It was only when I started going around with other guys and watching their stock in action,.. that I realized what I had given away...

There are Plumbers and there are Plumbers,...and there are ferrets,..and there are ferrets...:thumbs:

5 hours ago, neil b said:

Isn't some of your bloodlines in iworkwhippets albino hob? 

No mate not from my best hob ever..they're from Sock's line of southern albinos.. very good jill they came from that is still shifting them for Rew and Nottshunter.. we stopped using jills a couple of seasons ago for up on the dales.