Cruciate ligament damage.

2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

My lurcher done his cruciate ligament in his back leg,I've had him at Brian Jones on Saturday and I've to bring him back tomorrow for an x ray to see how bad it is, have any of you're dog's have the same injury and if so how did they fair out.

:hmm:IF it is a genuine snap Peter,...it is not a good prognosis....

2 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

:hmm:IF it is a genuine snap Peter,...it is not a good prognosis....

I will know more tommorow,he can put weight on it,he can put all his weight on it when he cock's his leg for a piss,and other day I had him in the Yard brushing him down and my boy opened the back gate and the dog took off like there was nothing wrong with him.

this is very bad injury for a running dog, my old lurcher x lurcher bitch i had back then  done hers at 4 1/2  , she never ran again  regards working , but pottered  around for another 10 years , then died of old age, she been very good bitch , had hares in the day and  good at night rabbits took foxes solo ,  yep it bad news mate   expect  the worst  from it i hate to say .

Yh bad new my dog snapped his to  he hobbles around on 3 legs now he still kills rabbits but on 3 legs lol and takes a long time to recover after a few runs so I don’t bother much anymore was told about some kind of op they could do basically put some kind of band or something we’re it snapped but was silly money vet also said athritious ( spelt wrong ) will set in early aswell 

I had blue back at the vet's today for his x ray and it wasn't good news,vet said he would never run again so I made the decision to have him pts,he was a very nervous and a very strange dog I life on the lead would of never suited him he would of had a miserable life I done what was best for him,I was heartbroken walking out of the vet's. 

Rip blue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I had blue back at the vet's today for his x ray and it wasn't good news,vet said he would never run again so I made the decision to have him pts,he was a very nervous and a very strange dog I life on the lead would of never suited him he would of had a miserable life I done what was best for him,I was heartbroken walking out of the vet's. 

Rip blue.

you done right mate  deff,  that bitch  i had who done her's   was 4 1/2   so she had some sport, the last 2 seasons just before she done her knee   she caught  few hares and done well in the lamp as ive said on here, so to keep her as pet and plus she was on 4 legs , was  suppose  not to bad to do .But if she been a young dog, and gone on to 3 legs from the injury , i would have pts  . you prob a younger bloke than me  lol,  so just move forward  and get another dog , good lurcher x lurcher  that can handle  all quarry .  :yes:

• Like 1

Peterhunter 86. Sad outcome bud but prob best for dog & you in long run. I had a beddy x grew that had the same only 6minth old bitch they wanted ridiculous money for ops & said would never work so i said the same pts but vet asked if i would sign her over & he would take her on. One of the practice nurses had her as a pet. All the best to you & your family sad loss. Atb 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Peterhunter 86. Sad outcome bud but prob best for dog & you in long run. I had a beddy x grew that had the same only 6minth old bitch they wanted ridiculous money for ops & said would never work so i said the same pts but vet asked if i would sign her over & he would take her on. One of the practice nurses had her as a pet. All the best to you & your family sad loss. Atb 

Cheer's pal,that was a good outcome for you're pup,my dog was a very perculier dog a pet life would never had suited him,he didn't like people he was terrified of them he was only happy when he was out in the Fields and I live in an area with a population of 50k there's no place to walk him without bumping into people and it wouldn't be fair on him to walk him we're he is going to be stressed out all the time which is a pity because I would of kept him as a pet.

• Like 1

Yeah i & pup were very lucky with outcome. Vet also said ongoing treatments etc wouldve cost a fortune & as my pup had never seen any work it would be easy adjustment to pet life where as when they no the score must be mentally crippleing for them not to run again!!atb

• Like 1