Christmas Adverts

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I'm sceptical on that last quote tbh. If they see it regular it can't help. Surely?

Mate, british 70 & 80s variety TV were full of cross dressing & raging homos! A lot of people forget that. Loads of sexual innuendo, gay & straight. You are what you are, a few gays on TV ain't gong to change that. 

What makes me laugh is this big concern about gays & mixed race people on TV, but no worries with kids seeing all kinds of violence normalised. If your kids see murder on TV, will it make them a murderer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's still f***ing November !!!

probably do a fair bit of shoplifting in them ! 

Its just another way to normalise "multiculturalism" and dress it up in tinsel and Christmas icing,the muslims celebrating Christmas is stretching the whole thing a bit too thin however  I can just im

I happened to see EastEnders last night..........something I usually studiously avoid !

Apart from a selection of dreary people, shouting rather too much, a supposedly regular East London street has 5 black and 2 Asian characters........... come on, BBC, where's the realism ? :D

That aside, I have no objection to black or mixed race people on TV per se, but it's  being pushed to the point that it's contrived...............which I think was Walshie's original point...........so I'll shut up now.

On 11/12/2017 at 22:34, walshie said:

Why has every single Xmas advert got a mixed-race couple on it? Don't white couples or black couples want to enjoy Xmas? I don't care who marries who, but don't distort the facts to try to tell us what the average family looks like. It makes me sick that the PC brigade who write these adverts are so scared of offending one race or another that they make out every couple in the UK has one of each race.  Well they're offending me. Does that count?

One of the adverts even has a group of apparently Muslim women meeting up for a Xmas do? 

spot on :thumbs:   , what pisses me off   alot of mixed race people still refer to them selves as   being black , they aint feckin black   there 1/2 cast  end  off . we have the observer  sunday paper,  my wife reads it  , i just like the sport page,  but the foken mag  that comes with it,  all the so called models  are 1/2 cast , and i bet pound to a penny the editor  1/2 cast  got to be ,  nearly every  page   black or 1/2 cast it pisses me off . i got nothing against  black or  1/2 cast people  i went out with couple girls  in my youth, and some were  nice looking women , but  i prefer  to be  with a woman same colour as me white   .

• Thanks 1

I guess I didn't explain properly why these ads wind me up so much. It has nothing to do with what race people are, but having the "diversity" thing forced on us at every opportunity. Amongst our friends we know a couple where the guy is black and his wife is white and you couldn't ask to meet nicer people They would be the first to agree they are in a minority, yet according to TV, every family in the UK is mixed race.

There's talk of the next James Bond being black, and even suggestions of a woman playing the part. WTF? James Bond was a white, male, sexist, pisshead. If you want to make a film about a black or female secret agent, by all means do it but they won't be and can't be James Bond. Whatever next in the "diversity" thing? Will we have to endure a remake of Roots with Kunte Kinte being white or Chinese just to keep the loveys content?

I'm just waiting for the happy day when we can embrace transgender couples on every advert. I wonder if they'll pick a black and a white one of each?

Diversity my arse. This is propaganda.

5 hours ago, walshie said:

I guess I didn't explain properly why these ads wind me up so much. It has nothing to do with what race people are, but having the "diversity" thing forced on us at every opportunity. Amongst our friends we know a couple where the guy is black and his wife is white and you couldn't ask to meet nicer people They would be the first to agree they are in a minority, yet according to TV, every family in the UK is mixed race.

There's talk of the next James Bond being black, and even suggestions of a woman playing the part. WTF? James Bond was a white, male, sexist, pisshead. If you want to make a film about a black or female secret agent, by all means do it but they won't be and can't be James Bond. Whatever next in the "diversity" thing? Will we have to endure a remake of Roots with Kunte Kinte being white or Chinese just to keep the loveys content?

I'm just waiting for the happy day when we can embrace transgender couples on every advert. I wonder if they'll pick a black and a white one of each?

Diversity my arse. This is propaganda.

I think this liberal nonsense reached its height when the Tom Hanks film "Captain Phillips" was released.........(and bear in mind it's a true story, about the hijacking of a cargo ship, off the east coast of Africa.)

There was quite a vocal campaign against the fact that all the Somali pirates in the film were portrayed by black actors !

If there are people who think that is a coherent, sane viewpoint, we really are f***ed !