Grey Fox Snaring

Hay everyone ! I do kind of a scrap book type deal on my usual forum where i collect old posts . Anyhow i fould this amazing post on grey fox snaring, and after i finished editing it together i figured you felas would enjoy it. Credit goes to Trapperman.com member Possum Skinner 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, micky said:

I have never seen a grey Wolf but over here people would use a larger loop for our Red Fox even our Rabbit snare Loops are a lot bigger , is the Grey Fox  small animal ?

Yes ! Greys in the U.S are a much smaller animal, northern oobes are large but in general their faitly small i think 10 lbs is average for one in my area. That being said i think your reds are about the size of our coyotes . Had a trapping freind from kansas who moved over to the UK for a year. Said he brought some snares that he used in his state for fox said within a week he conpletly switched over to his coyote system due to the size differences! 

Heres a road kill one from a yearir two ago. Im 5'1" for comparison. 

FB_IMG_1510528130715.jpg.81f88c794f1dadcafa4b39f713848d47.jpg

IntresInteresting fact, their pretty laid back for a wild animal. I know alot of live market guys who will walk up to on in a foot hold , grab em behind the neck, take the trap off and walk them over to their truck and put them in a transport cage.

• Like 1