Pellet testing on air pistol

After reading moxys post on pistols and jonjons pellet testing I thought I'd combine the two.

I borrowed the beeman p17 below from a pal of mine and looking back at his records he says with predator polymag in .177 it doing 417 fps which is just over 3ftlb.

I routed out some odds and sods of pellets and set up  a target at 12 yards and had a plink.

I was shooting with the open sights and at all times aiming at the centre cross without changing poa with different pellets.

By far the worst pellets were the pointers by Remington as they blocked the barrel on 2 occasions so only one shot was fired as I didn't want to knacker his pistol.

I'm no marksman and open sights was a novelty but it was just a bit of fun really.

As for hunting with one now I've tried it out. For me it's a definite no but then I'm not the best shot. At 12 yards its got about 2.7ftlb so enough to take small game with a perfectly placed shot but looking at my results, im not good enough for that. I dare say its got enough for close up dispatch and the better models like the hw45 will have even more welly!

Just out of interest take a look ather quality of the pointed pellet. It's no wonder they don't bloody fly well!!

20171112_133904.jpg

20171112_134050.jpg

Screenshot_20171112-134451.png

• Like 2