last weeks ratting.

Jonjon79

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:31, Jonjon79 said:

I did mate - it worked a treat :yes:

........ In fact, I'll concede defeat - this zimmer frame is a cracking bit of kit.

It's so much more stable than the cheapo one that I lost :thumbs:

IMG_20171113_162322.jpg

Jon, treat yourself to the " Two point" gun rest addition for your Primos :yes:

Only about £40 " ish" but what a transformation :boogy:

You think the primos sticks are a " cracking bit of kit" ? Then put the two point gun rest on top,- takes static hunting to a different level, spring rifle or pcp.

IMG_0792.JPG.895bd4c696b9a8e3d8da154e79e7d6d3.JPG

You " must" open her legs to fully appreciate her Jon. :whistling::angel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The one said:

Nice going mate , do you think those barracudas might no punch a hole threw the tin sheets like a pointed pellet ?.

Cheers mare :thumbs:

The skin on those silos is thick enough - even if you shot it from a few inches away, an airgun pellet won't penetrate it.

We do our best not to hit the silos - the Baracuda Hunter Extreme pellets seem to help with this. They give a nice wallop and, seem to slow down fast on impact, giving less pass-throughs.

• 3 weeks later...

Good on yer Jon. I confess that I have also been thinking about getting the two point rest for mt tripod as I think it could be spot on for the rimmy.

Do you find the polymag or the Hunter Extreme to be equal in their kill rate or are you preferring one over the other. When my T200 is converted to full power later this week (with luck), I am going to get a tin of polymag to test along with the extremes I already have and I am guessing it will be the shorts version but not sure what is suited to the 200 mag.

Love my ratting...................sport of kings.

Phil

• Like 1
On 13/12/2017 at 08:49, philpot said:

Good on yer Jon. I confess that I have also been thinking about getting the two point rest for mt tripod as I think it could be spot on for the rimmy.

Do you find the polymag or the Hunter Extreme to be equal in their kill rate or are you preferring one over the other. When my T200 is converted to full power later this week (with luck), I am going to get a tin of polymag to test along with the extremes I already have and I am guessing it will be the shorts version but not sure what is suited to the 200 mag.

Love my ratting...................sport of kings.

Phil

Sorry Phil, I thought I'd replied to this.

I don't really use the Baracudas or Polymags very much but, for their limited ranges (40yrds max) I find that they're both very effective.

Neither expand as intended at sub 12 levels but, the shapes of them means that they impart a lot of energy quickly.

If you're going to try some Polymags, get the shorts - they're designed for rotary mags and, I've found them to be more accurate than the longer ones.

....... Bung me a PM if you want some posted up mate :thumbs:

Cheers Jon. To be honest most of my ratting is around the cattle sheds so the range is only 10 - 20mt max and I think either of these may be better than AA Fields as an example. I have the Hunter Extremes so I just might buy a tin of the shorts in .177 but thanks for the offer mate.

Phil

• Like 1