Rat Patrol

I was on Rat Patrol last night. I didn't want to stay out all night as it was cold enough 9pm till 11pm ( I know, soft lad). The gritter had been round the roads and my experience is that you don't see many rats when it is very cold as they prefer to stay in the warmth. It depends how hungry they get.

Anyway. I only saw the one. It was at about 10pm. It ignored my Nutella/veg oil surprise and was looking for the mixed corn duck feed. 

About 20 yards, Air Arms Diablo Field .22 from an HW100 KT with a Photon XT.

I made all that money I have spent on rifles, scopes, lights, clothes and all that time sat waiting in the cold, worthwhile.  I did, I am really pleased. I might have to go out tonight as well.

Pesky

Fat Rat Nov 2017 sm.jpg

• Like 4

It wasn't all good news though. My T20 fell off the side of the Photon and vanished into 4 inches of duck shitty mud.

I dug it out with a stick and rinsed it in the sink. I think it survived.

I was looking at Jimmy's pictures of his set up. Mine is a cheaper non-adjusting mount on the same place.

It struggles to get enough grip and just slides off. I am looking at other methods.

The inbuilt IR is a bit feeble. 

side mount.jpg

This is the mount I use to use on my xt pesky!

it was a bit of a pain to seat properly but once it was on it was sound

its got the reducer witch works well cos you can juggle it so the beam centres the scope!

7DEA32C7-C87B-493C-8624-34812A057B90.thumb.jpeg.8eb5a5dfa3043e32324cb55c62855bbd.jpeg29A7E401-D563-4F52-A27F-3E00767A6215.thumb.jpeg.dd37496716bae8b665a74caf9a7e10da.jpegThe rt I got to replace the xt has a better ir

so I’ve not needed an extra and the weaver rail is a lot chunkier 

atb si

Ps... I dropped my mag in a load of rat pi55 and cow sh1t the other week :( 

Nice one Pesky, ratting the sport of kings...........................

With the nights turning cold, the rats are starting to show around the cow feeders although not many yet but I managed 19 in an hour and a half so happy with that. Roll on a few more nights of frost and the buggers will be all over the farm..................................oh dear, that's a shame :)

Phil

• Like 1