Scope issue

I was about to swap over one of my MTC Mamba Lite scopes onto another gun last night when I noticed that the eye bell looked to be very slightly out of line with the main tube. I set the rifle level and checked with a tiny spirit level, main tube cock on but the eye bell was sloped down and a tiny gap could be seen at the top of the eye bell where it touches the mag adjustment ring.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted / undone and reset to level as I am not wanting to send it to Daystate for obvious reasons. or of course can suggest a good place to get in touch to sort it.

Phil

phil, just use the forum hosting for a quick easy way for now mate

or I use imgur.com, works great and no messing about like photobucket

knZyooa.png

mind I havent linked a picture since the new forum style so the above could go horribly wrong lol

below is using the forum upload

test one.png

Great that worked,

Phil if you get yourself onto imgur its very easy to do, you obviously used photobucket so will have no problems on imgur its even easier

once the image is uploaded you just select it and theres a copy button you click then just paste in your post where you want the picture,

If you get stuck give me a pm I'll help you as much as i can but i bet you dont need it

DJ

I just did a test from my photobucket account John and it worked fine but as the photo was not on this subject, I removed it.

The scope issue is now sorted however. After playing around with the mag ring, there is a small grub screw, once removed and the mag ring slid forwards, I found that there is a cut-out for the grub screw to run in which in turn controls the mag setting or I should say prevents the mag ring from endlessly turning. This had bent hence the scope being out of alignment. It suddenly struck me that the Mamba Lite and I think Mamba scopes have a much larger knurled focus ring on the eye bell which causes some resistance when pushing on the Nite Site sleeve.

I must have caused the damage in the first place by simply pushing on the sleeve instead of taking a firm grip on the main casing of the eye bell............lesson learned. I am going to give the inside of the sleeve a good coating of silicon spray and take greater care in the future.

Oh yes, my son in law and myself gently bent the scope back into shape and checked very carefully to ensure bit by bit we got it back into shape. One slightly worrying point is that it took no effort to reshape the scope back again, hmmmm

Phil

6 minutes ago, philpot said:

I just did a test from my photobucket account John and it worked fine but as the photo was not on this subject, I removed it.

The scope issue is now sorted however. After playing around with the mag ring, there is a small grub screw, once removed and the mag ring slid forwards, I found that there is a cut-out for the grub screw to run in which in turn controls the mag setting or I should say prevents the mag ring from endlessly turning. This had bent hence the scope being out of alignment. It suddenly struck me that the Mamba Lite and I think Mamba scopes have a much larger knurled focus ring on the eye bell which causes some resistance when pushing on the Nite Site sleeve.

I must have caused the damage in the first place by simply pushing on the sleeve instead of taking a firm grip on the main casing of the eye bell............lesson learned. I am going to give the inside of the sleeve a good coating of silicon spray and take greater care in the future.

Oh yes, my son in law and myself gently bent the scope back into shape and checked very carefully to ensure bit by bit we got it back into shape. One slightly worrying point is that it took no effort to reshape the scope back again, hmmmm

Phil

What do you expect it's a daystate :laugh:

At least you have sorted the scope :thumbs: