Air pistol hunting

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know each forum has it's own rules, so, we abide by those rules or don't use the forum - fair enough. The pm thing sounds sneaky though.   There are some very good forums - a few of the bi

I used to take the occasional rabbit with this years ago. It was a very task specific tool though . Only used at a particular location that was semi-derelict industrial land. In parts heavily overgrow

Yes it was me that got banned on the airgun forum for pistol shooting rabbits.   They thought it gives the wrong image and thought I was doing it to flame them. I made it clear that it

Posted Images

4 hours ago, moxy said:

Thought as much. 

Ive been sat on this for a while. Well since UD got booted and I received a PM questioning if this forum allows such images and topics to be shown. 

Its legal so why not. Certainly not cause for banning someone. 

I can see the thought though. Some folk couldn't shoot a rabbit at point blank with a rifle. Let alone a pistol. 

Who questioned it and why didn't they say something on UD's thread?

So did he get booted? :D 

Cant believe this is the first I've heard of it... no idea why it would be frowned upon shooing with a pistol when guests can openly view trapping, snares and the like. If anything should be frowned upon it's that... in my opinion. 

Id rather see game shot, with pistol, rifle whatever, than trapped. 

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

Who questioned it and why didn't they say something on UD's thread?

I will keep the member anonymous but it would be courteous for them to step forward and put their reasons as to why pistol hunting is unethical. Or anyone else? 

To make my stance clear. Pistol hunting is not for me. But I wouldn't begrudge the next man for doing so. 

No legal activity should be frowned on simple as that, if folk don't like it folk should maybe learn to keep personal opinions to themselves, why condem something that is legal? Start with that shit and we will all be at the sharp end of the stick.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, moxy said:

Yes. But there could be a bit more to it than just the pictures 

Fair enough admin. Hmmm. I'm annoyed I didn't even know. Shame. He was a crackin shot with that CO2 jobby of his. 

Werent looking at Asian meat street was he...?! Don't get banned for that do ya...!? :unsure:

Anyway. Note to self. Visit THL more. 

6 minutes ago, moxy said:

Not banned off here pal. 

The other forum. 

Come on Rez. Read and keep up 

Ha. I only see what's in front of me...

unfortunately the 'go to various pages numbers' at the bottom of each thread doesn't work on the iPad from the latest update. 

In any case this happened a while ago. I missed it. 

I know lads that kill things you wouldn't believe with square elastic and pebbles im no shooting man but i bet you could do well with a pistol if you practice enough. Infact i might try it myself just to see i could be wrong but i dont see the point in spending 100 of pounds on guns scopes n nitesites these are tools for hunting.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Walkingthedog said:

I know this can be a very difficult topic but where I live I despatch vermin and quarry using my HW40 pistol with Hawks red dot sight as I only need to shoot out to 10 yards which this pistol is more than capable of achieving.:)

That's interesting as I can pick a hw40 up new for roughly price of a crosman ratter an not worry about buying co2 or loosing power in the cold weather.

• Haha 1