EVERYBODY should watch this .....

If your not watching the British legion festival of remeberance then you should watch it on catch up ... NO you should be duty bound to watch it to appreciate what the great service personnel past and present have done and do for this country ... their sacrifices let you go about your daily business without worry  ... watch it and see the pain in the hearts of those that have lost loved ones that died defending this country .... watch it and listen to what hell of men now in their nineties went through and still remember painfully today ... watch it and be thankful it's not you that has to have those memories and it's not you that had to bury a loved one ... and next time the local old pain in the arse down the pub is waffling out his war stories remember what you seen and instead of joining in the piss take of him buy him a pint and listen to a story or two .. you can leave the armed service but the memories never leave those that have served in conflict and seen horrors that no man should see and maybe if the general public showed some sympathy towards this then maybe just maybe it would have been worth it ........ 

LEST WE FORGET ...........

• Like 7

1 hour ago, socks said:

If your not watching the British legion festival of remeberance then you should watch it on catch up ... NO you should be duty bound to watch it to appreciate what the great service personnel past and present have done and do for this country ... their sacrifices let you go about your daily business without worry  ... watch it and see the pain in the hearts of those that have lost loved ones that died defending this country .... watch it and listen to what hell of men now in their nineties went through and still remember painfully today ... watch it and be thankful it's not you that has to have those memories and it's not you that had to bury a loved one ... and next time the local old pain in the arse down the pub is waffling out his war stories remember what you seen and instead of joining in the piss take of him buy him a pint and listen to a story or two .. you can leave the armed service but the memories never leave those that have served in conflict and seen horrors that no man should see and maybe if the general public showed some sympathy towards this then maybe just maybe it would have been worth it ........ 

LEST WE FORGET ...........

I listened to the 99yr old lad on sky news this morning.them boys were made of tough stuff.i would love to sit down with him and listen to his other story's.

And thanks for your service to the country ken.and past and present men and women in the armed forces.

• Like 2

I was away on a course yesterday. Fair play to the instructor, the first thing he said to us was that at 11 o'clock we would be stopping for the 2 minute silence and he wouldn't be answering any questions till 11.02. 

We will remember them....

1st WW, 20th century weapons and 18th century tactics......terrible.

Was looking yesterday, 51 blokes from the little town in Ireland near me were killed.

the modern day population is only 2000 must have been about 1200 then.

2nd WW my old man would have been 98 this coming February.

Joined in 1936 And was part of the BEF, they sent them lads over to fight the most modern army the world had ever seen with absolute shite kit sometimes only 10 rounds for outdated weapons.

My old fella and his pals were some of the many that got left behind to fight the rear guard action so that the British army could get off the beach at Dunkirk.

They were all eventually captured or killed and my old fella spent 5 years in Stalag VIIIb being one of the many who were made to do the death march at the end.

Turned out in the night in -20 weather in whatever they had on and marched off a 1000km to Germany......they died like flies.

No medals for any of them boys, I remember as a kid someone from some veterans thing coming to the house saying “you may be entitled to some medals”

my old mans reply “shove em up your arse !” 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5