Pirlo, worthy of a mention

Who are the best soccer players ever?  None of these seem to have had a mention.  Fame doesn't necessarily determine talent. I suppose that some of the following would be ok for a kick around in the park

Pele, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, Marco van Basten, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Zinedene Zidane, Ronaldinho, Garrincha, Eusabio, ( my favorite), Ferenc Puskas, Rivelino, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Gerd Muller, Thierry Henry, Roberto Carlos, jairzino, Gerson, Tostoa, Luis Figo, Rivaldo, Arjen Robben,  Didier Drogba, Socrates, Jurgen Klinsmann

Edited by Meece
after thought

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andrea Pirlo retired this week, I just thought the retirement of such a great player was worthy of a mention. Probably one of the greatest examples of how football is played with your brain as mu

Paul Scholes is the best example of a player and midfielder ever....period ! 

I’ll stick my neck out here and say the 98 World Cup was a pivotal moment for football.....so many good players, so many good teams showing just what can be achieved if you get the youth systems right

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Romario reckons he's scored more 

Probably more proof of romario scoring more . I know cameras wernt common in Peles time but scoring 12 Vs a invitational team shouldn't really go towards your career stats 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Meece said:

Who are the best soccer players ever?  None of these seem to have had a mention.  Fame doesn't necessarily determine talent. I suppose that some of the following would be ok for a kick around in the park

Pele, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, Marco van Basten, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Zinedene Zidane, Ronaldinho, Garrincha, Eusabio, ( my favorite), Ferenc Puskas, Rivelino, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Gerd Muller, Thierry Henry, Roberto Carlos, jairzino, Gerson, Tostoa, Luis Figo, Rivaldo, Arjen Robben,  Didier Drogba, Socrates, Jurgen Klinsmann

I watched Eusabio and Best play in a testimonial. Brilliant night. Always remember Eusabio shaking Ales Stepneys hand after he saved a ferocious drive from him in a European cup game. Top player top bloke.

Edited by jukel123

I’ll stick my neck out here and say the 98 World Cup was a pivotal moment for football.....so many good players, so many good teams showing just what can be achieved if you get the youth systems right and bring players on right.

It, to me, was a display of football and talent the likes of which the world had never seen......certainly not in my lifetime anyway.

Personally, it will stand out as my favourite World Cup ever.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll stick my neck out here and say the 98 World Cup was a pivotal moment for football.....so many good players, so many good teams showing just what can be achieved if you get the youth systems right and bring players on right.

It, to me, was a display of football and talent the likes of which the world had never seen......certainly not in my lifetime anyway.

Personally, it will stand out as my favourite World Cup ever.

It was a great World Cup. I was hod carrying on the new road through leytonstone at the time. I would get the last of the muck out & literally abscond over the wall & leg it got back to the tuffnel park tavern to watch a game  :laugh:

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Inzaghi once scored 14 in a youth game that were probably all offside 

I found him very frustrating to watch, his starting position was so f***ing dumb sometimes as was his running.

He was quick and had no need to be right on the shoulder of the centre back and because he was quick he got called offside loads of times even when he wasn’t .

He could have given almost any defender in the world 2 or 3 yards and still had the drop on them or bent his runs a bit more.

i have seen games when he had been getting great service, outstanding service and scored one and been offside about 8 fecking times......a Ronaldo or Vieri of that time would have had a hatrick off the same service.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Accip74 said:

It was a great World Cup. I was hod carrying on the new road through leytonstone at the time. I would get the last of the muck out & literally abscond over the wall & leg it got back to the tuffnel park tavern to watch a game  :laugh:

Was hoddying myself early 90s........shit wasn’t it ! :laugh: