Barrel burner ????

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Thanks Ian...........................to the point and sound advice. One of our other members, Villaman also suggested the Ward to me some time back. Only heard good things about them. I would love to try one because the add on systems such as the ward are sold as a bolt on when needed for night work but surely the the eye piece is so far back, you would need to change position of the scope in order to mount the gun correctly, I have never been able to get my head around that unless of course it is left on and used for night shooting only.

Phil

Not at all Phil, the Ward uses a prism system to reduce the length of the unit allowing the camera to focus at a shorter distance. What this means is your head is in exactly the same position as when you look through the scope normally, unlike other add ons which add more length i.e archers, envis, other digital add ons, etc

Also what you can do is still use your scopes reticule system, millet, ladder, etc

What I do with my FAC airgun is leave it on 10x mag so I know the reticule ranges for varying distances, then I use one of custom rifle scope rangefinders, these are excellent for airguns and it just makes the whole setup deadly... Trust me this is all you need, to make your setup great. You can mag right up if required also, no daft wires or screens..