Just one unlucky punter

Earlier in the year for some unknown reason I decided not to shoot any of the collards we get in the garden as the numbers seemed to have dropped a little........mistake.

Our garden backs onto fields and we are starting to get some songbird variety back but since I started feeding them as it's gotten colder, boy have the collards been breeding well this year, they are everywhere.

Trouble is, we live in a cottage so there isn't an elevated position to shoot from so I have to rely on them landing on the ground so as to achieve a safe shot and not passing straight through and whistling off over the boundry.

Well today was this doves unlucky day as I had spotted 6 of them all over the table and feeders so got ready for one to land.

It's only 22 yards from the kitchen so a nice easy shot to the boiler room and it was lights out the moment his feet touched the grass. Safe to say his comrades buggered off not to be seen again today. Still, one less pooing machine to cover my clothes on the washing line ??

20171109_154840.jpg

• Like 5

people go on about rabbits breeding like fcuk pigeons are worse matt!

these take great pleasure in sh1ting on my car and I can't touch them.. luckily the driving while texting mums thin the numbers out:D

IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.8b0cb75bc3a720f841926edbf24f34b5.JPG

keep plugging at them, you need about 5 for a decent pie :thumbs:

atb si 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

people go on about rabbits breeding like fcuk pigeons are worse matt!

these take great pleasure in sh1ting on my car and I can't touch them.. luckily the driving while texting mums thin the numbers out:D

IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.8b0cb75bc3a720f841926edbf24f34b5.JPG

keep plugging at them, you need about 5 for a decent pie :thumbs:

atb si 

Cheers Si.

It's one I've never tried pal. A bit tougher than wood pigeon meat so I'm told?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

stick them in a stir fry with woodys :thumbs: hill billy kookin

Twice today ive been associated with a hill billy. The mrs came in and asked when i was thinking of trimming my beard as she thinks i look like a "f#*@ing hillbilly"!??

• Haha 1