Christmas is coming and I am really wanting a thermal imaging spotter/camera have been looking at these and it seems to good to be true for the money, so my question is has anyone had any experience of them and is it worth the money, have seen lots of video on utube and all seems to be good but would rather ask someone with first hand experience cheers 

Bloke on our shoot has 1 .get a xq23 or 30 Instead far better vfm imho .I got the xq23 and its a superior product and a range finder built in as well .The flir scout works at  a basic level ,the XQ shows bunnies/rats/deer /foxes at a good range .Yes its heat blobs at distance but close up you see the shape of the animal and heat sources very well atb

• 2 weeks later...
On 10 November 2017 at 15:02, Baldcoot said:

Bloke on our shoot has 1 .get a xq23 or 30 Instead far better vfm imho .I got the xq23 and its a superior product and a range finder built in as well .The flir scout works at  a basic level ,the XQ shows bunnies/rats/deer /foxes at a good range .Yes its heat blobs at distance but close up you see the shape of the animal and heat sources very well atb

Thanks for the reply, but is the xq23/30 £700 better than the flir as that's the price difference between the two, all I want is around a hundred yards of visibility with the ability to record what I,m seeing, this looks more than achievable with the flir but would like to talk with anyone that's used one, could I see a pig sized animal hiding in a wood around 50 to 100 yards in and get a snap that's all I,m after cheers 

I have 1 of Ian's XQ30V units, and i think for the money its bang on, used every weekend for rats its overkill but a great investment having tried other thermal units. 

Friday teatime, within 20 seconds of starting the unit up i spotted 23 rabbits ranged from 65 yrds up to 200 yrds. 

On 20/11/2017 at 14:42, donky7 said:

I have 1 of Ian's XQ30V units, and i think for the money its bang on, used every weekend for rats its overkill but a great investment having tried other thermal units. 

Friday teatime, within 20 seconds of starting the unit up i spotted 23 rabbits ranged from 65 yrds up to 200 yrds. 

Yes I'd avoid the FLIR units totally and start at a minimum with an XQ30V

The flir is very basic compared to say pulsar stuff .Been out with several types on demo and the pulsar line is by far the best if a bit pricey .Try one mate or you may regret it seeing another type .Takes a bit of getting used to especially hares mistaken for other animals .But once is my moto .

• 2 months later...