Couldn’t resist

I reckon they do. Two years ago we saw the normal number of young rabbits in spring, then they all just disappeared. Not and adult or half grown rabbit in sight, and no carcases either, as you'd get if they'd died from myxi. This happened two years on the trot, then this year we started to see more and more young rabbits. This year they've had myxi, and it's the first time in two years my dogs have been picking up myxi rabbits this autumn. Never thought I'd say it, but what a relief to see myxi again instead of no rabbits at all. Though there must have been some left to repopulate the area so quickly.

10 hours ago, mhopton said:

What puzzles me is if all the rabbits are dying off dew to the new man made killers like mixie and Rhd were are the dead rabbits then yes there is plenty of raptors and foxes but they wouldn’t or couldn’t clear that many off the floor surly atvb mark 

I've found young and old rabbits dead above ground while I out exercising my whippets [BANNED TEXT] work, they look healthy no sign of mixy and no doubt a lot pass away below ground, folk have put pics up with rabbits wich still have grass in there mouths. Other than being dead they had no signs of disease. Im in Northants and Im haven to travel to Norfolk, Lincolnshire to get a good day ferreting, yes there's pockets of Coney local but no were neer the same numbers as two years ago,  the rabbit is a big part of our countryside and without them a lot of wildlife will suffer, let's hope they get through this.... 

Thanks for your reply’s and it’s good to get everybody’s thoughts about the rabbits population decline, it’s something that we need too look at as a hole community and not be greedy killing everything we see ‘ but saying that it will never happen not in our life time anyway that’s the way the world unfortunately. Just hope that they bounce back the government are keen to ok the shit that’s killing them so they should be some kind of antidote witch could be spread the same way in blood sucking insects