Rusky1984

advice on when to breed my bitch

My bitch has come in to season to day how many days should i wait to put a dog on the back of her ?

Had a look on the Internet and my vet can do a test to see when she is ready to stand thanks for all the help!!!

My Russell bitch mated the first day in season,and for three weeks after.had a whippet bitch only mated at 21 days.when they twist their tail up when you pat their lower back and stick their twat out its usually time,but all bitches are different.

• Like 3

think what he's saying is if you don't know when to breed your bitch should you be breeding your bitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have not bread dogs before so how would i no when the best time for breeding is. I spoke to my vet today and he advised to try between 11th and 14th day of her season i am only breeding her so I can keep a bitch for myself

Man this as got to be a joke if your asking when to breed your bitch your not ready to be breeding any dogs tbh get your head stuck in to a few books read about all the ins an outs about breeding dogs see if your bitch is worthy of breeding then try an find a stud that’s actually as good as made out to be in the field 

Al just go with my vets advice i was only wanting to know when she would stand for a dog 

Sighthounds can be funny-seen a vans escalade greyhound bitch that used come in and out in 3 days,seen coursing bitches that bled for 4 weeks before theyd stand for a dog(laurabolin might have something to do with that though)_13 or 14 days is normal.

• Like 1

I agree with you there tiny tiger I've known bitch that have to of near enough finished the season before they stand and some bitch will want to mate straight away all depends on the bitch

• Like 1

Mates bitch wouldn’t stand till day 17 

my bitch came in season, bled for 2 weeks then stopped , dogs had no interest in her , 2 weeks later started bleeding again and mated after 7 days 

• Like 1