camping

its got to that time of year when the campsites close so I can get back on my nearest pigeon perm:thumbs:

its a nice little wood that runs parallel to the site with a beck dividing them!

got there for the last couple of hours before dark and had a brew with the owners!

IMG_0198.thumb.JPG.2f1e0d0e3a27df3f1471ef1b8460c031.JPG

took the two woodys within the first hour.. I only saw three so I'm happy with that, first one leaning on a tree at about 30yrd and the second was a free hand close high up a tree!

IMG_0197.thumb.JPG.1f34e27fa50d6c87cda44c7160bdd330.JPG

decided to wait it out till they all returned to roost but it wasn't to be... found a nice tree thats split off into four trunks that provides

plenty of cover and a good field of view for me so I donned me burka just incase any daily mail reporters were stalking me!

one for Rez :laugh:IMG_0199.thumb.JPG.99a40e8edba723fbc0c8654fb907a90d.JPG

as the light had almost gone and the only things roosting were pheasants I decided id have one for the pot, shot off the knee at about 40yrd

fullsizeoutput_288.thumb.jpeg.51e3655edee9dcaa82b9c3b83f23abd3.jpeg

field dressed in the dark so they don't look to pretty but they'll look fine once there in the crock pot:thumbs:

thought one of the woodys had a Tuma it crop was so full, never seen so much wheat in one:blink:

atb si

• Like 3

Well played Si.

I sound like a broken record but woodies are my FAVOURITE quarry. Very satisfying when you see them drop?

The lady who owns the perm I was on last night keeps asking me to take a couple of resident pheasant as they beat the shit out of her ornamental poultry, she bloody hates them.

You sound like a cumbrian lad Si. Not often you hear it called a beck??

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Well played Si.

I sound like a broken record but woodies are my FAVOURITE quarry. Very satisfying when you see them drop?

The lady who owns the perm I was on last night keeps asking me to take a couple of resident pheasant as they beat the shit out of her ornamental poultry, she bloody hates them.

You sound like a cumbrian lad Si. Not often you hear it called a beck??

cheers matt.. there my favourite all round, best sport bar rats:laugh:

but taste way better.... unless your a chink!! lol

atb si

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

yeah... just next to the old scrap yard!

didn't know you lived round here till jimmy told me... I've got a few perms round your way:thumbs:

atb si

North yorkshire/cumbria......i wasnt too far off......actually, yes I was??