LYNX OR NOT??

41 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Your entitled to your opinion but not all are crackpots and attention seekers 

I hope there not because I,ve had two reports this month from men with guns and that would be a bad combo , (both culling deer on two estates in two different county,s 30miles apart) 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loosing face on here mate really, this is a website were faceless people can live a made up life, I,m sure I,ll survive the shame of it, the moon pic was a bit easier to get as well, as its massive co

You could be right. There are no records of lynx attacking anyone (Quick google search).So I'm sure that would be taken into account. Dogs kill kids every year. Personally I'd be much more concer

Shot because it was deemed to be a severe risk to humans, what a load of bollocks, public have more to worry about from chavs and their bull breeds than they ever would from a Lynx 

Posted Images

I'm not a twitcher or a stalker I just don' see if it' true and they'e here why it' never been proven and how every known escapee has been found.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/bird-and-wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/r/redneckedgrebe/ - congrats on knowing where the only known UK pair are nesting

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Getting back on topic, I also get things from the states and during the Lynx saga there was a female puma successfully darted in sanfransisco it was in a residential area and safely released into the wild, what a difference 

I think the one here would have been darted if it wasn't for that twat council guy trying to get a picture . The synic in me thinks he wanted a few pictures to sell to the papers 

Greyman ,its' getting to the point where even you seem a bit downtrodden at the lack of real evidence .The lynx was very clear next to the trapl. WHY can' we just see a big cat in the wild in England ,Wales or Scotland that someone has snapped instead of excuses ffs ..

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Got to say. This one got loose. They set a camera up and you got a crystal clear picture evem at night all within a few days..  All others who have set up cameras where there is reported activity for years get half blurred unrecognizable  pictures.  Doesn't add up.

Not bashing as is like them to be out there but the evidence of this a real cat on the loose in a few days compared to the years of no evidence over reported sightings don't look good

As a counter argument to your point it could be said that the ease of the trail cam picture was because it never strayed far from the zoo . It was in very close proximity to it.  Also the difference between it being a pet zoo animal and a wild animal has to come into consideration. 

This is the only other picture I seen of it on its travels.  This one's quality is crap . Not sure why both pictures have such difference in quality 

_98565810_22853113_2157011540991305_4098

It just dosn't stack up .if there was one loose here i know id know and id get decent pics for sure . All any  of us doubters want is a decent untouched pic with a date stamp .GPS is embedded in digital stuff these days so no query there .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

It just dosn't stack up .if there was one loose here i know id know and id get decent pics for sure . All any  of us doubters want is a decent untouched pic with a date stamp .GPS is embedded in digital stuff these days so no query there .

You surprise me as one of my best sources of info are shooters, I,ve just returned from an estate were a guy culling deer claims to have seen one twice in the last few weeks, he,s an ex military guy that now does pest control, not a fantasist or looney  a normal bloke going about his business, I,ve just put four cameras up in the area so maybe we might get lucky, tortworth house is in your neck I believe and a guy shooting deer up there told me he had one  walk right through his scope when he was watching deer, have had four this year reported to me by marksmen/pest controllers, all just normal blokes going about there business and wanting to tell someone what they encountered  without being treated like looney,s, have you never met a single person that you trust that claims to have seen one?  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I shoot and if I have a big cat come into my cross hairs I 100% Would pull the trigger other wise it's just here say like all the other non evidenced claims.

Your thought process at the time would take a while to adjust mate most people that see them say the same , I know of people that had cameras but just stood staring and plenty with guns that have said the same but many don't want to, then you have the other side of the coin if you injured it it would become a very dangerous thing, I,ve said it before but if you or anyone you know ever bag one I will buy the body from you, I know of several estates that have employed people to shoot a cat but normally by the time the cat has been noticed and arrangements made its moved on, these are very nomadic animals with massive territory,s and very little compaction for space I think dinosaur said a while ago that he had seen one in the same area he saw one three years ago and that's very normal, so that's three years of running cameras in an area waiting for it to return, it's as hard to get a good photo as it is a clean shot, so maybe we can have a race, you also never answered the question if someone you no and trust has ever claimed to see one?