Crow shooting red letter day

Only getting round to making this video now from the end of September. I had a day on barley stubble shooting corvids and had a great day passing 3 figures. Birds decoyed lovely and I shot decent also with lots of doubles as you'll see in the video.

It was also memorable due to the amount of Grey Crows I managed to shoot in the process.

• Like 3

On 07/11/2017 at 21:29, Sound Moderator said:

Not hard at all when you're actually supposed to be shooting & decoying crows

Did you actually watch the video ? He states there feral and some them birds were shot at a good range 30+ how do you know them feral weren't the high birds shot.my old man is a well known pigeon fancier and I shoot not far from where he flies his birds so I don't really like shooting feral in case there racers but at 25 yards coming in quick to a decoy then sory but if your saying you can jump up and see if a bird is wearing a ring at 25 yards your eyesight is amazing.ive been watching my dads birds come in after races and most the time I carnt tel the difference between his and the mans behind him until there on the landing board 

No didn't watch any video. I do know, as you obviously do as well, that a racer is hell bent on getting back to the loft. They fly in a straight line at a rapid rate of knots without any other thought other than getting home.,If a shooter can't tell the difference between a fluttering feral, a woodpigeon or a racer than perhaps he/she shouldn't be shooting. Just my humble opinion mind you and I've been among racers for a lot of years. Jok.

• Like 1

His title reads "CROW" SHOOTING RED LETTER DAY if you neglected to read it Navek....My father was also one of the best national flyers this country has ever seen as clearly stated recently in the Homing world and he could tell the difference between a feral and a racer with a very keen well trained eye having spent countless hours watching the sky for his birds to hopefully get back home. Jok hit the nail on the head with what he said. Number one rule before taking any shot no matter what the quarry..."IF IN DOUBT DON'T TAKE THE SHOT" ! .....Simple as 

1 hour ago, jok said:

No didn't watch any video. I do know, as you obviously do as well, that a racer is hell bent on getting back to the loft. They fly in a straight line at a rapid rate of knots without any other thought other than getting home.,If a shooter can't tell the difference between a fluttering feral, a woodpigeon or a racer than perhaps he/she shouldn't be shooting. Just my humble opinion mind you and I've been among racers for a lot of years. Jok.