Wanted a solicitor for a appeal

I’ve only just got back into being a gamekeeper and have not joined  basc or ngo yet but I have heard there was a woman who is a lot better than Clive Reece I seen it on here but can’t remember where any info would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 17:54, mad max said:

I’ve only just got back into being a gamekeeper and have not joined  basc or ngo yet but I have heard there was a woman who is a lot better than Clive Reece I seen it on here but can’t remember where any info would be appreciated 

Just be aware of what you're getting yourself into without insurance. If you lose, you could be looking at as much as a £10K bill.

The police will almost certainly employ a Barrister and if you lose, you'll be hit with his costs as well as your own Solicitors' costs, and those costs won't only be the cost of attending Court, but all the weeks of preparation he's put into it.

before any action is taken your solicitor will brief you on all aspects of the costs . then the decision is all yours.

and not all cases are heading to a court case , £10 k is a big case to take to court . and some organization  don't cover you for that . 

good luck,  have the chat with your brief then go from their .

I have been their and got the T shirt ,  AND COST LESS THAN A GRAND .

derboy 

6 hours ago, DERBOY said:

before any action is taken your solicitor will brief you on all aspects of the costs . then the decision is all yours.

and not all cases are heading to a court case , £10 k is a big case to take to court . and some organization  don't cover you for that . 

good luck,  have the chat with your brief then go from their .

I have been their and got the T shirt ,  AND COST LESS THAN A GRAND .

derboy 

I'm guessing you won then.

I've been there and won, and it cost me nothing beyond phone calls and letters.

However, lose and you will get hit for the Barristers time, which could be as much as £500 per hour depending on his seniority, which will include his research time as well as time at Court, plus any legal opinions he prepared for the police which could have taken hours and hours of his time. Plus all of the police costs for their time and time off attending Court. It can add up. I didn't pull £10k out of the hat, I believe that's the figure |I've seen a shooting organisation mention somewhere as a possible figure if you should lose. It's certainly not out of the realms of possibility.

Mad Max, it's not your own costs you need to worry about so much as the Police's if you lose. Your own costs might only be £1K. Their bill could be many times higher.

Edited by Alsone

Cheers for the reply alsone but the financial side isn’t the problem I have funding and help there I just feel I’m being persecuted for someone else’s actions which I can’t discuss on a open forum I want solicitors ready and waiting as to not prolong the length of time with out one as my job depends on it so to speak 

:thumbs:

I'm not wanting to put you off in any way, just trying to ensure you know what you're getting yourself into. I was lucky in that at the time I brought my case, I didn't have insurance, but equally I had no money or assets so there was nothing they could award against me costs wise if I lost. As it happens I won outright which actually helps me a lot now for reasons I don't want to post publicly so as not to feed the antis.

If you have the financial backing and can afford to risk the costs, then by all means go for it. There's nothing like standing up for your rights and I'd encourage anyone with backing or insurance to go for it every time if they have a realistic prospect of success and have been unfairly treated. The main thing for anyone to ensure is that their prospects of success are realistic and they can afford to cover any possible outcome.

Edited by Alsone

Ok alsone thanks again for the info it will probably be next year now before I hear anything or go to court  but hopefully it can be resolved and not get that far I will post a update or send a pm to those who have helped me to let them no the outcome all the best max 

2 hours ago, DERBOY said:

good luck and please keep us posted on how things go.

ALSONE . I  didn,t mean to be disrespectful towards you . I just used the 10k as it was their in front of me  .  :thumbs:

derboy

No problem, never took it that way. Same from me to you btw. We all have our own experiences.

Edited by Alsone