What are you feeding yours?

Been feeding my ferrets a combination of pigeons, magpies, crows and rabbits. Very occcasionally they will eat ferret food (if for some reason I can’t feed them a dead animal). 

90% of the above diet is pigeons (shot by shotgun). But I was wondering if this is a good diet or do I need to add anything else? 

BBB

872E4811-A2A0-48C5-9E1C-4D167D803F83.jpeg

I feed my team on rabbit, pigeon, chicken gizards, hearts, kidney, eggs once a week with goat's milk, also bits of venison offal, docs, also give them meaty bones to keep there teeth good. Never had a problem with any of mine, my pal feeds rats to his pugs but I don't like the idea of that, only because I don't know if it's eatn poison or not.  your feeding sounds OK, 

As said above rabbit squirrel  and feather best if possible. We do give ours more kibble is the hight of the summer due to the flies. If we have a Jill with Kitts we give them fur and feather and remove the carcass first thing in the morning. Not that there is Not a lot left with 8 hungry Kitts THEY ARE PURE EATING MACHINES

I feed my dogs raw mince dog food.  I don't have a freezer full of animals yet . I get the odd pheasant/squirell/chicken . They have ferret kibble when theirs no meat . Would some of the dog mince be ok for them? Obviously stay away from anything with pork In it 

7 hours ago, rabbit demon said:

Dog mince would be fine for them. I gave a lad a hob ferret kit this year and he feeds it on diced beef and lots of red meat. Its solid muscle and looks as if its been doing weights. The hobs nearly as broad as it is long. Just freeze it solid for a while before feeding it raw.

I used to feed my ferrets beef or ducks/pheasants can honestly say they were stronger and heavier animals when on the red meat. 

15 hours ago, rabbit demon said:

Dog mince would be fine for them. I gave a lad a hob ferret kit this year and he feeds it on diced beef and lots of red meat. Its solid muscle and looks as if its been doing weights. The hobs nearly as broad as it is long. Just freeze it solid for a while before feeding it raw.

Watch young kits with mince it tends to stick to the roof of there mouths better with whole items they can suck on till there big enough to chew