Snowflake Teacher Resigns After 1 Term.........

There is far too much blaming teachers & the education system & not enough personal responsibility admitted by parents & lazy twats like myself.

I've had this argument a lot over the years, often with people I went to school with that thought out school was poor. Our school was the only secondary school in town, so we had pupils from all backgrounds from lower working class impoverished families to middle class kids that didn't get sent out of town by their parents. Most like myself were ordinary working class kids from decent enough backgrounds.

The kids that invariably done well right through school wanted to or came from the middle class families & those kids that had fcukwit parents acted like fcukwits & done fcuk all or like myself, had the ability but were too bone idle to use it. Obviously there were exceptions, but the pattern was obvious. We all had the same opportunities & I have to say, I thought most were good teachers.

All the people I know that went on to university or have become successful professionals all have one thing in common, they got their heads down at school & done the fcuking work. No one held a gun to their heads!

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

There is far too much blaming teachers & the education system & not enough personal responsibility admitted by parents & lazy twats like myself.

I've had this argument a lot over the years, often with people I went to school with that thought out school was poor. Our school was the only secondary school in town, so we had pupils from all backgrounds from lower working class impoverished families to middle class kids that didn't get sent out of town by their parents. Most like myself were ordinary working class kids from decent enough backgrounds.

The kids that invariably done well right through school wanted to or came from the middle class families & those kids that had fcukwit parents acted like fcukwits & done fcuk all or like myself, had the ability but were too bone idle to use it. Obviously there were exceptions, but the pattern was obvious. We all had the same opportunities & I have to say, I thought most were good teachers.

All the people I know that went on to university or have become successful professionals all have one thing in common, they got their heads down at school & done the fcuking work. No one held a gun to their heads!

That's a moderately right wing view........... I'm in shock! :laugh:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

Spot on, brilliant post mate

2 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I think what you say is broadly correct. Success at school is strongly related to the social class of the parents. Study after study demonstrates that. Kids from single parent families fare worse than those from stable homes. Parents who have a stable, loving relationship tend to produce kids who do well at school. How can you do your homework, or be interested in school when your parents are at each others' throats or f***ing strangers?

I think schools con a lot of kids too. If you work hard, you will get a good job. Is that really true? Where are these good jobs? Everybody comes out of university with a Mickey Mouse rolled -up bit of paper but so what? Most end up in shit jobs unrelated to their qualification.  Where are the affordable houses for young people to live in? You cannot have a decent life without the dignity of a proper house. Life seems pretty grim for young people these days.

Are teachers all committed saints? Nah, they do it for the money and would jack tomorrow if they could. Some are good, some are crap, same as any other job.

Same with nurses. Whenever I've been in hospital overnight I can never sleep. Hence I could hear the nurses' conversation. It generally concerns who is f***ing who. Who is a bitch (depends on who is absent from the conversation). Or their workload (whilst they ignore or arrive late to calls from patients). Sorry that's been my experience.One or two have been entirely professional. That's all you want from any professional. Just for them to do their jobs to the best of their ability.

So, I think the fella was a snowflake. There are millions of unsung heroes in this country who work all hours for peanuts. That fella had the chance of a half decent wage, the promise of promotion and a pension. I hope he finds something better. I'm not holding my breath for him.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I think schools con a lot of kids too. If you work hard, you will get a good job. Is that really true? Where are these good jobs? Everybody comes out of university with a Mickey Mouse rolled -up bit of paper but so what? Most end up in shit jobs unrelated to their qualification.  Where are the affordable houses for young people to live in? You cannot have a decent life without the dignity of a proper house. Life seems pretty grim for young people these days.

A product of the "everyone deserves to go to university" mentality pushed by social justice bollocks. People that go to Uni and do a solid degree come out to a market offering half decent graduate positions. All of my peers are in professional positions because they did a course that had value to employers. We're not rich and not many of us are likely to ever be but we're doing okay.

Bin the attitude of "everyone deserves to go to uni" and the associated "uni should be free" and help high school kids make informed realistic decisions on their lives. The idealism needs to be f****d off.

The attitude that was prevalent when I was a kid of "if you want a good job you have to go to uni" needs f***ing off too. If you want to be a physicist, bio-engineer, mechanical engineer etc (broadly white-collar) then you have to go to uni, but a hard working ambitious vocational career (blue-collar) nowadays is just as remunerative. Unfortunately non grads are still looked down on as lesser by society, even if they were more wealthy/successful.

The housing issue is a product of a piss poor societal model, economic growth through population growth. It's unsustainable!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

A product of the "everyone deserves to go to university" mentality pushed by social justice bollocks. People that go to Uni and do a solid degree come out to a market offering half decent graduate positions. All of my peers are in professional positions because they did a course that had value to employers. We're not rich and not many of us are likely to ever be but we're doing okay.

Bin the attitude of "everyone deserves to go to uni" and the associated "uni should be free" and help high school kids make informed realistic decisions on their lives. The idealism needs to be f****d off.

The attitude that was prevalent when I was a kid of "if you want a good job you have to go to uni" needs f***ing off too. If you want to be a physicist, bio-engineer, mechanical engineer etc (broadly white-collar) then you have to go to uni, but a hard working ambitious vocational career (blue-collar) nowadays is just a remunerative. Unfortunately non grads are still looked down on as lesser by society, even if they were more wealthy/successful.

The housing issue is a product of a piss poor societal model, economic growth through population growth. It's unsustainable!

The German education system is infinitely more sensible than ours. There isn't this obsession with university. Kids can elect to study  work related courses and they have the same status as university courses. The Germans invest in proper training and pour money into   new technology. Hence they have higher growth,higher productivity and higher wages. Simples

• Like 2

When I was a kid, if someone went to uni that was a big deal......they were the best of the best.

Now, there’s a sense that everyone should and frankly it’s just not true.

When it comes to sub standard teachers (and there are not many imho) then the problem schools have is money and employment law......you can’t just f**k them off.

If they offer to retrain there is little a school can do, they have to pay the wages and the cost of retraining.

In reality it will take 2 years to get shot of a bad teacher, in that time the OFSTED rating may fall down, intake will be lower and budgets impacted because of a lower intake.

Parent pay FAR too much attention to OFSTED ratings......I suppose it’s easier to just look at a number than go to visit 4 or 5 open evenings and then consider the best environment for your own child’s character.

OFSTED, employment law and funding models......the worst things to happen to our education system.

• Like 1

I've known it to take more than two years WILF.:blink:

Both my wife and I have post-grad educations but we both firmly believe that it's not the be all and end all of a happy life. My wife often tells my son that "people always need plumbers, electricians etc" and I'd much rather that he was a happy bin man than a miserable merchant banker. 

My daughter's going to be a faerie princess!:laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a few schools in the UK are cottoning on to the “trade” side of educating kids.

I am a big defender of educators.

I think they work bloody hard, much of it in their own time and in many cases against the odds.

See, when I was a kid I was the problem kid with the massive chip on my shoulder...expelled at 14 after being an absolute dick for years and making life hell for everyone I came into contact with.

So, at 14 it was time to work, it was just me and my mum so that was a wake up call and I had to screw my loaf.

Move forward 14 years and I had just started a young family, had a business and a wife.

When the time came for my kids to go to school I could see clearly that it’s a team effort, and schools needed support and the time spent being part of my kids school life as well as their home life was a gift that I just can’t describe.

Myself and my wife ended up school guvenors of my kids primary and secondary schools (which, silly as it is I count as one of my proudest achievements considering where I started) and then you really get to see the bones of how it all works.

Even amongst guvenors their are people who do it just to say “I’m a school guvenor!” and loose sight of what it’s all about......namely, the kids.

They are dead wood who hang about boards of guvenors for years achieving the square route of f**k all.

Teachers don’t loose sight of that in my experience......it’s always about the kids which is as it should be.

Parents are the worst culprits, they expect to dump Little Fred off at 8:45 and have someone work a miracle to turn him into the next Stephen Hawking........they won’t commit 5 minutes to helping at the fete or coming into read with kids or going to team games or anything else for that matter..........and when little Fred is struggling like f**k with his grades it’s the teachers fault !!!

I hate OFSTED with a passion, they can kill a perfectly good school at the stroke of a pen and it will effect every single pupil in every single year group.

They don’t really have a culture of Home/school partnership here in Ireland and I have to say it’s the biggest thing I miss about England.

• Like 3

I hear ya there mate. I left school with a GCSE in maths. Couldn't qualify for anything other than warehouse work. Fast forward to today I'm watching the Yanks hammer home the importance of a college degree and how it's practically mandatory for any kind of success. Of course, it is when you're leaving college with the equivalent of a mortgage in debt from the US's for-profit colleges. It's just not your success it's theirs down to the sales pitch.

I guess I see the bottom line is that a quality education is essential to life but there aren't just two options for an education. I understand that I'm 100% responsible for educating my kids so I'm frantically filling in the blanks that the schools leave. They're doing far better than I did at school and we're all becoming better educated... Win, win?

• Like 1