Snowflake Teacher Resigns After 1 Term.........

My sister in law has retrained as a Teacher in the last few years. She began her first job last year at the age of 50 in an inner city London primary school & she hasn't found it that easy tbh, but this lads a fanny!! Haha.....

Edited by Accip74

Getting up at 5:30am to do marking and not finishing until 6:30pm with your 'breaks' spent working too sounds f***ing gash! I'd have quit too. In fact I did only much sooner. Straight after uni I thought I'd give teaching a spin and quit on the second day of the pre-training work experience! :laugh:

Got a mate that I used to work with who went into teaching in his late twenties and loves it. I think for otherwise committed aspiring teachers a bit of industry experience and maturity helps a lot with perspective and for some 'emotional strength'. LOL

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

That story in the paper is so full of holes it’s breathtaking !

”last one to leave”......at 5:30!!......I f***ing doubt that, the head teacher will still be in there at 7 dealing with some of the 300 emails they can get in any given day from various government bodies.

there is almost always a rigorous support system for NQTs......there has to be or the OFSTED score go’s down the toilet 

He is a prick......most teachers are legends.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, WILF said:

That story in the paper is so full of holes it’s breathtaking !

”last one to leave”......at 5:30!!......I f***ing doubt that, the head teacher will still be in there at 7 dealing with some of the 300 emails they can get in any given day from various government bodies.

there is almost always a rigorous support system for NQTs......there has to be or the OFSTED score go’s down the toilet 

He is a prick......most teachers are legends.

My Missus is  a primary head, she is in at 7:30, rarely home before 7 and spends 9-11 at least, often until 1am working. 

• Like 1

After just three weeks he was ready to quit, only seeing out the term after a pep talk from his mother. 

Poof! Couldn't hack a full time job teaching a class of 8yr olds :cray:

My day starts at 6am, ends at 6pm. Lunch is a rushed sandwich in the warehouse. The work is usually heavy and, I have numerous targets to hit.

........ I love my job :thumbs:

That pillock just needs to man up and accept the fact that he'll actually have to earn a wage one day.

• Like 2

I'm in my twenty first year as a primary school teacher. Each year gets harder as the expectations are constantly changed and the work load becomes increasingly ridiculous. It's only down to the support of other staff, positive kids and the amazing feedback I get from some of my parents that I put up with it. 

I could tell you that we don't actually get all that holiday to lay on a beach and that we don't actually only work from 9 until 3:30...but I'm afraid some people are beyond recognizing the benefits of a great education and can only complain and blame everything on everybody else.

As for them "only being a class of eight year olds" I've known four year olds to hit pregnant staff in the stomach thanks to well meaning parents telling them that they don't have to pay attention to us and can do what they like.

I'll keep doing it...for the kids and parents who appreciate me and what I do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 11/10/2017 at 19:47, Neal said:

I'm in my twenty first year as a primary school teacher. Each year gets harder as the expectations are constantly changed and the work load becomes increasingly ridiculous. It's only down to the support of other staff, positive kids and the amazing feedback I get from some of my parents that I put up with it. 

I could tell you that we don't actually get all that holiday to lay on a beach and that we don't actually only work from 9 until 3:30...but I'm afraid some people are beyond recognizing the benefits of a great education and can only complain and blame everything on everybody else.

As for them "only being a class of eight year olds" I've known four year olds to hit pregnant staff in the stomach thanks to well meaning parents telling them that they don't have to pay attention to us and can do what they like.

I'll keep doing it...for the kids and parents who appreciate me and what I do.

Brilliant post that mate, great teachers stay with a kid for life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, WILF said:

Brilliant post that mate, great teachers stay with a kid for life.

Seconded! I live in an area where standards of education aren't the highest so a good teacher sticks out like an oasis in the desert. I fully understand that educating my kids is 100% my responsibility but it's nice to have dedicated professionals that are helping along the way! :thumbs:

• Like 2