My 6 month old hob bolted his first at the weekend. I had been carrying him around with an old jill waiting for the right spot. Which was a nice little 4 holer 
I have a dog so got a nice a mark so pretty perfect situation

24307145918_3a59320e58_k.jpg 

After  a little hesitation in he went then a few seconds later rumble rumble out comes the rabbit with the ferret right behind

38104264186_493ddbea62_k.jpg

The ferret is quite a steady good sized fella so the time just seemed right. Great fun starting the young stock off 

38127596102_ff300dda45_k.jpg

• Like 4

I start all mine at 6 months always done fine I’ve got a 6 months old hob now took him out last week for the first time bolted one killed 2 in stopends 0D0B2E46-36D1-497D-BE0E-39CCD1F5EE3C.thumb.jpeg.7ddcbad7bb67f610f8e029fea51e2b61.jpeg

• Like 2

Always try and get new kit to join the team around June so I know come the season I can get them out on some easy burrows that hold one or two Coney, six months is about right, have a good season. J

Im going to try my Jill kits (probably not classed as kits any more) this weekend.  My first time ferreting aswell . 

Mine are 6 months old and I took them both out on Friday and Sunday. Both bolted and worked the warrens very well. My Hob was over keen (basically wouldn’t come back to me and kept on going to ground when I got anywhere near him). But the Jill was steady as you like. A little hesitant at first but bolted 3 rabbits and was happy to come back to me frequently.

Couldnt be happier with them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueboybilly said:

Mine are 6 months old and I took them both out on Friday and Sunday. Both bolted and worked the warrens very well. My Hob was over keen (basically wouldn’t come back to me and kept on going to ground when I got anywhere near him). But the Jill was steady as you like. A little hesitant at first but bolted 3 rabbits and was happy to come back to me frequently.

Couldnt be happier with them

I try to let them walk clear of the burrow before picking them up when young, later on they come when called, well  most.

A.T.B

• Thanks 1