Rip poppy

What happened Lee?,  was just unfortunate and the was nothing you could do ,?.  I know everytime or anywhere it can happen, or a clump of the worst stuff could come down in a busel maybe. It's hard mate, keep your chin up 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weve all been there and lost dogs lads. Just take it in and move on.learn from it. Take pluckys advice.you wont go far wrong.lads on here that do a bit of digging should be offering advice to lee not

Come on now FD, read your post again and think about it. You might see it's not true. If human error includes putting a terrier to ground because you might never see it again then every single on

A guy from Arizona lecturing someone on digging from Kent??......Anyone from the Sahara wanna have a pop?? Haha....

35 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Not tying to be an ass,  but why would you put a young dog in a bad situation Meaning sand? I'm sorry I don't feel sorry for you but I do the dog. Isn't this the same dog you talked about going to ground on accident without a collar on?  It' a shame.. Hope you learned from this. 

What a stupid, badly timed comment to make. WTF has it being sand got to do with it? A dog can die from collapse or suffocation in any type of ground. 

Some legends on here:icon_eek:

• Like 1

Come on now FD, read your post again and think about it. You might see it's not true.

If human error includes putting a terrier to ground because you might never see it again then every single one of us is guilty of that but I know that not what you meant.

There are umpteen causes for loosing a terrier to ground that are out of the terriermans hands, even though there are several bad habits a lot of terriermen have that don't help a terrier.

But I don't agree that a terrier being lost is always the terriermans fault, in fact it's a silly statement.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

In all the years I've been digging I've only ever seen dogs perish through human error and I make no apologies to anyone for this statement. 

Come on Foxdropper. That's a very naive thing to say, especially for a well seasoned terrierman. How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

Leethedog,  no reason to get salty.  You made mistakes with that dog before and openly talked about it.  Not to long ago you were talking how your pup went to ground on accident.  And why would you risk putting a young dog to ground in sand and for what? Anybody knows sand moves fast! If your digging in sand things can take a turn for the worst. I  don't feel sorry for you but I do  feel sorry for your dog.  You put him in a shit position letting in a sand dig. Hell why not try quick sand also.  A dig isn't supposed to be for a ego.  And no salty one,  I'm not a no it all,  I just have commen sense and respect to were I would put my dog in.  

• Confused 1

If FD you a implying that the death of my dog was my fault then you are untitled to your opinion . Fair enough but I was there and you wasn't and I know I did everything within my power to save poppy the only thing I could of done is to have not let her enter a 4 hole spot and walked past it. But I'm afraid yes I let her in because that is what she was bred to do be dug to not walk by earth's

I don't agree with that at all.

I have mates that the only ground they have is in sand and soft ground. IMO I think it's one of the best things to get a youngster going, it's easy to dig through and makes minimal sound above the dog and it's quarry so doesn't spook the quarry.

• Like 2