Hide shooting wild wood pigeons tomorrow.

Took a walk out late this afternoon and noticed how very quiet and void of wildlife the permission I was walking over was.

I`ve been watching and noting times of the day when pigeons flight into the trees for  rest before flying out again to feed.

I`m using a few photos from last November here but nothing has changed at all, this is exactly the same this November.

IMG_0401.JPG.f4bbd1c325fca9069ba271ec55ddb272.JPG

The natural hide is within the dense  hedge behind the fence and brambles,-- if you notice the vertical shadow line 3 or 4 fence posts from the right, high up  that is where the natural hide I`m in is situated.

IMG_0399.JPG.892ea4928e7160160b305f290e1ece53.JPG

Above photo is the tree with magnification at it`s highest on my camera, - a good 300 yds away.

5a00cc428d15a_IMG_0410(1).JPG.4f02ae1d6ccd9b8850a1082d36a54b0e.JPG

This is the view I`ll have tomorrow from this hide.

Range is 35 yds.

Weather/ work permitting I`ll be shooting , rifle, as yet undecided .

I am anticipating  long periods between shots with a long slow day expected.

atb  Mark.

p.s. Nice improvements to the forum those responsible :good:

• Like 5

Well i hope the weather is better than the forecast here pal.

That's a nice looking spot there Mark.

If it was me I would be going hw100 in whatever flavour you fancy. Purely because of the wait between shots. At least it'll be loaded and ready and doesn't matter how long before you get to take the shot??

Good luck and happy hunting pal?

• Like 1

Ha! Ha! - gits  :laugh:

I`m afraid Mitch`s weather forecast was spot on,- it never stopped raining until 2-40 pm this afternoon and so I never attempted the session :no:.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow so I`ll look for another day, soon I hope ?

p.s.  A gritter truck has just gone past spreading a heavy spread. :sad:

atb  Mark.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Yes mate, - it`s freezing over here as I watch, gonna be a cold night tonight :yes:

You watch, tomorrow will be a breathless , sunny day while I`m working and then at the beloved dentist :cray:

Ouch mate.

You have my sympathy. Not my favourite chair.

• Like 1