NHS Turns To India For Nurses

8 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

They could be from Jupiter for all I care providing they're doing it right.

Agreed mate and I can't understand why this has never been addressed.

They don't want to come anymore. They're under the impres

Bollocks. They will come if we advertise for them and if they need the money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Bollocks. They will come if we advertise for them and if they need the money.

But they're not that's why they're now hiring from India. :blink:

The NHS in its infinite wisdom is using your tax money to hire foreign labour instead of investing in British nurses... again.

I'm sure someone on here told me that the UK is training enough nurses annually to meet the demands of the NHS, the problem being they're not staying once trained. Therefore this is causing a labour shortage that is being filled by immigrants.

Is there any truth in that?

59 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

But they're not that's why they're now hiring from India. :blink:

The NHS in its infinite wisdom is using your tax money to hire foreign labour instead of investing in British nurses... again.

I'm not doubting that they arnt coming in the same numbers....I just don't think it's because they feel we don't want em....nor do I think it's fair to blame brexit! We don't want the millions of mussies nor africans....I wish 'not feeling wanted' did put the fckers off!!

The lib/lab/con coalition over the last 50 years has shut teaching hospitals, removed practical ways into nursing and of course the introduction by labour of tuition fees has made us dependant on foreign medical staff....our traitors in parliament then see this as justification for their inability to secure our borders. 

Short of Revolution and cutting heads off I don't know what we can do as voting for the same old won't change a thing and other parties can't make a break through. I do know that brexit is one step closer to changing things though, even if the traitors try to sabotage it.

37 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

he lib/lab/con coalition over the last 50 years has shut teaching hospitals, removed practical ways into nursing and of course the introduction by labour of tuition fees has made us dependant on foreign medical staff....our traitors in parliament then see this as justification for their inability to secure our borders. 

It's the current conservative government has just stopped Bursaries for nurse and are basically privatizing the NHS, which is in a large part why nurses are leaving, along with the no pay rises, staff shortage etc etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nhs-nurse-bursaries-scrapping-nurse-busaries-will-plunge-the-nhs-into-chaos-and-compromise-care-a7159576.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-nurses-leaving-more-joining-up-51-per-cent-four-years-midwives-jeremy-hunt-a7820141.html

Edited by sandymere
35 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm not doubting that they arnt coming in the same numbers....I just don't think it's because they feel we don't want em....nor do I think it's fair to blame brexit! We don't want the millions of mussies nor africans....I wish 'not feeling wanted' did put the fckers off!

Fair comments but Brexit has driven that wedge firmly between Britain and the EU. There are no guarantees of rights for EU citizens living and working in the UK so they're leaving. Other EU nations that are business as usual, are suffering similar issues for skilled labour and are using the EU protections to attract workers and according to the figures, it seems to be working partly at the expense of NHS nursing staff shortage. It might be too soon to blame Brexit but the fact that the government either can't or won't guarantee protection for EU workers is why the NHS are now looking to India to fill the gap. It might be cynical but maybe the EU nations are playing to that uncertainty to attract the best and it might not be a shock for Brits to work in the EU as economic migrants in the near future.

In short, they're solving the EU workers shortage by hiring Indians.

The government has said more than it should to make EU nationals feel secure during negotiations. The fact that more EU nationals live here than British nationals live in any EU country in particular or the EU as a whole shows how fcked up our system has been for a long time....we can't blame the tories on their own. 

• Like 1

Maybe the best thing to do would be to privatise the NHS. Have a system like they do in parts of Europe where most people need to have health insurance, and the poorest are covered by the state. Health care might run a bit more efficiently and work out cheaper then.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, j j m said:

the rvi hospital has its more share of indian doctors and nurses,and its a great hospital with great friendly staff,where would we be without them

I've used the nhs a fair bit I'm clocking up over 40 hours of surgery and in all honesty I've never had a complaint about a foreign nurse I had 2 African student nurses looking after me on my last sting and they were two of the most careing nurses I've ever come across they had a very different way about them compared to the british nurses just full of compassion and kindness. ..I'm not sure if its because there from a more impoverished background or its cultural it just didn't seem like a 9 to 5 with them like it does with the brit  it nurses ....I don't like saying it but its the truth from my experiences anyway .