A drop of walnut oil

So, as the weather has taken a turn for the worse here, 50mph winds and heavy rain to boot, I've given the r10 the first of a few coats of walnut oil after the lightest of 0000 wool rubdowns and it's starting to show the stripes and grain really nicely. 

Apologies about the lighting, the pics don't really do it justice?

20171106_192247_001.jpg

20171106_192330.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, mark williams said:

That stock is beautifully grained Matt :good:

Handsome rifle that is mate.

Cheers Mark. It's looking better after every coat. Just need the right bloomin weather to use it now?

2 minutes ago, si brown said:

it was nice before but even better now matt:victory:

still can't understand why they don't put the effort in at the factory.... surely its got to be more beneficial to sales!

atb si

My thought entirely Si.

I said that about the 100. Especially the thumbhole stocks.

If something looks drop dead gorgeous in the gunshop it catches your eye and the trouble is, as accurate as all these rifles are, there are very few straight out of the factory that look like a stock that Jimmy has had his mitts on. And when your getting not too far off a grand for some and over for others, it's the little things that make the sale.

Having said that, I don't mind doing it because it almost feels like you have somehow customised it but you don't have to get your new range rover home and polish it because the paintwork is dull..........god I sound like a moaning old twat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

My thought entirely Si.

I said that about the 100. Especially the thumbhole stocks.

If something looks drop dead gorgeous in the gunshop it catches your eye and the trouble is, as accurate as all these rifles are, there are very few straight out of the factory that look like a stock that Jimmy has had his mitts on. And when your getting not too far off a grand for some and over for others, it's the little things that make the sale.

Having said that, I don't mind doing it because it almost feels like you have somehow customised it but you don't have to get your new range rover home and polish it because the paintwork is dull..........god I sound like a moaning old twat?

haha... to true matt

when I was in jimmys local shop I pointed out a thumb hole 100 to him that looked bloody awful... I've put nicer wood on me fire!! wtf

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mattwhite said:

So, as the weather has taken a turn for the worse here, 50mph winds and heavy rain to boot, I've given the r10 the first of a few coats of walnut oil after the lightest of 0000 wool rubdowns and it's starting to show the stripes and grain really nicely. 

Apologies about the lighting, the pics don't really do it justice?

20171106_192247_001.jpg

20171106_192330.jpg

Nice that Matt.....i wonder who told you to do that to the stocks

i can remember some one that was shitting him self to do the hw100 stock

EASY WHEN YOU KNOW HOW

IS IT NOT MATT

NOW WHAT WOULD SHE LOOK LIKE IF YOU DID IT THE WAY YOU DID THAT HW100

But i must say she dose not need it

she is stunning mate just stunning

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

I wonder indeed Jimmy?

I did think about doing it how you told me with the 100 but the stocks not as heavily stained, if it's stained at all.

The pores are still visible so it will need a few more coats yet I think pal??

7 hours ago, mattwhite said:

I wonder indeed Jimmy?

I did think about doing it how you told me with the 100 but the stocks not as heavily stained, if it's stained at all.

The pores are still visible so it will need a few more coats yet I think pal??

Naa dont do it Matt just had another look at it and she dose not need the full treatment

dont think i could get it any better mate honest

you have done a cracking job on her Matt

like vm say,s never seen a stock like that on a r10

give your self a pat on the back mate

you deserve it .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2