What am I doing wrong

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies! My mistake! Banter withdrawn!

Gotcha! It might only be slightly over the file limit as 1mb a second of footage sounds about right. I don't know a great deal about iProducts though so I couldn't walk you through where to find

Having a look at the files you can attach it's only pictures and gifs. Doesn't say anything about video. Maybe it's a box that needs checking in the admin menu?

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, mushroom said:

How did you do that?? There's photos on here from years ago I would kill to get back but they no longer show. 

Click on insert other media and two options come up click the one that says insert existing  attachment and every picture I,ve ever posted comes up don't know if that's just because I'm on an iPad or if it's the same all round if I click the other one I don't know what it wants but neither of them go to my photos like in the old format, good luck

Just now, Greyman said:

Click on insert other media and two options come up click the one that says insert existing  attachment and every picture I,ve ever posted comes up don't know if that's just because I'm on an iPad or if it's the same all round if I click the other one I don't know what it wants but neither of them go to my photos like in the old format, good luck

Yep.

If you click in the top right-hand corner, where your screen name is the drop down menu has an option of My Attachments. If you click that it brings up everything you've ever attached as a picture. Unless you were using a third party host, like Photobucket, they're in there. I've got pictures in there from 2007 as the oldest.

36 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I get ya Greyman but I'm sure it came along with a necessary upgrade and we'll just have to get used to it.

The administrator has an entire menu of functions that deal with everything from basic forum layout to exactly which smiley faces you can add to your posts. It's massive and extremely detailed.

One of those options is what files you can attach to a post. It'll be a multiple choice menu that has individual boxes which need to be ticked. In this case, it either hasn't been ticked (most likely) down to he doesn't want us to post video (most unlikely.) It's a tiny needle in a massive stack of hay.

With the change being quick and drastic I'm sure it's an oversite and normal service will be resumed soon. However, it might be worth posting some of these issues in their own threads in the Site Suggestions menu as the administrator will be able to address them quickly so they don't get lost in the usual GT stack of posts. One thread with 'I Cannot Access X' will be easier to resolve than a 300 page 'New Layout Issues' containing hundreds of posts with conflicting issues and information. K.I.S.S....

Your probably spot on mate, but with age you not only hate change but you also  like a good moan about it as well,  i,m sure I,ll be bang upto speed by Christmas 

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Your probably spot on mate, but with age you not only hate change but you also  like a good moan about it as well,  i,m sure I,ll be bang upto speed by Christmas 

I'm the same, mate, but being the 'Glass Half Full' bloke that I am I'm using my weekend to learn a new skill! :D

4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Yep.

If you click in the top right-hand corner, where your screen name is the drop down menu has an option of My Attachments. If you click that it brings up everything you've ever attached as a picture. Unless you were using a third party host, like Photobucket, they're in there. I've got pictures in there from 2007 as the oldest.

Yep found it and it's the same. Photo not there :sorry: seems it's been lost or archived.

• Sad 1